CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby c0nsumer » December 22nd, 2020, 1:41 pm

Steve_Kinley wrote:The post above yours quoted one you made years ago. I didn't infer that you are still advocating it, in fact I said that you had changed your position. In the post I quoted I was pointing out that you did mention parking at the school as an option as opposed to buying a pass. When you mentioned that you criticize people who ride in without paying, I thought you might have wanted to say that you used to feel the same way but have since learned more. You did later, but after the fact.

Sorry, where was I quoted? I was replying to Roy and he quoted nothing, just made the same sort of citationless vague reference you did.

And thank you for the feedback, I'll keep in mind your suggestion that I preface every position I take with every other previous position I may have taken, and learned from, in order to fully explain the history of my thinking.

Back on topic of Addison Oaks, back in 2008 or 2009 when I first rode at Addison Oaks I thought the old entrance climb, before the was-previously-bandit-built current climb through the autumn olive, which I didn't know was unapproved at the time because I didn't understand the politics of work at Addison Oaks, had a needless double water bar log climb in the middle of it, and I thought this climb was too difficult and ruined the trail. (Note this route is now rarely used, and a bypass has formed around these water bars, to the point which they are no longer needed.) I no longer feel this way and recommend that anyone ride Addison as all the climbs are doable if you settle in and spin and pedal.

Does that meet your desires for prefacing with background info?
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Steve_Kinley » December 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm

Much better, thanks.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby steveracer » December 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

Finally some dialogue on this forum. [emoji1][emoji1782][emoji453]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Postby Roy » January 3rd, 2021, 9:15 am

I think you are only purchasing a motor vehicle permit, just a parking permit.
I don't think there is any area park that requires a bike permit, except maybe that rail trail north of Poto. It was called a linear trail.
Are there any signs that indicate all bikers must stop at the guard shack and purchase an entrence permit?
Most parks encourage bikers to ride in for free.
You are only paying to park. I see no moral argument here,
Roy

Postby dphockey13 » March 5th, 2021, 10:25 am

Anyone been out? Still too wet?
dphockey13

Postby RMXByker » March 8th, 2021, 7:21 am

dphockey13 wrote:Anyone been out? Still too wet?

Definitely still wet. Did a gravel ride around Addy yesterday and it appeared to be soaked still...
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2015 Specialized S-Works Epic World Cup
RMXByker

Postby ihateplaindave » June 8th, 2021, 2:20 pm

For all you non-FB people: Addison will closed on Sat, June 12 for a 24 hour endurance race.
ihateplaindave

Postby dhosinsk01 » April 2nd, 2022, 1:00 pm

Hello! Has anyone been on the trail? Addison is usually one of the last to open because it holds water.
dhosinsk01

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions