Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Burchfield as of March 29

Postby K_Baldwin » June 3rd, 2004, 3:47 pm

I was out on Saturday afternoon and blocks were up to close low portions of the trail. The meadowy area was still feasible as well as the part with Hansen's BeeBop. If you want to ride really badly then go for it, but be warned that it smells like ass and your bike will have worm carcasses stuck to it when you are done. I still had fun..will try again tonight. -shrug-
K_Baldwin

Postby t0mmyboy83 » June 6th, 2004, 10:13 am

I went on Thursday (June 3rd) and it was decent for a few parts, but the deeper you got into the trail, the muddier it got. I actually got stuck going up hill once and that just sucks. Also, I think the winter took a beating on some of the log jumps because the landing boards were broken....I found that out the hard way.
t0mmyboy83

Postby RideCannondale » June 9th, 2004, 8:49 am

I have never been to Burchfield, and I was wondering if the rail-trail was alright to ride... I will be taking my girlfriend there for her first mtb experience.
Make me a bicycle... Clown...
RideCannondale

Postby Zak » June 9th, 2004, 1:33 pm

Please stay off the advanced trail at Burchfield. It is still very much under water in many locations. It is going to take much work to repair the ruts that are alredy there, please, if you are leavinbg huge ruts, stay off.

The main doubletrack on the other hand is fine, feel free to ride those although they are less exciting, but great for a beginner to answer the previous post.
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

saturday am ride...

Postby mitchsusername » June 18th, 2004, 11:37 am

I thought about checking out burchfield tomorrow am. What are the trail conditions now?
"Dood, are you ok? You're bleeding all over!!"
"*BEEP*, I just bought this jersey, and now it's RIPPED!!"
mitchsusername

BIG Burchfield trail day!!

Postby Zak » June 21st, 2004, 1:05 pm

I need help guys, big Burchfield repair session this Saturday at 9:30 am (hoping we dont get too much more rain in the next few days). Please come out and help repair the damage from all the rain!! Bring rakes (the dirt type not leaf rakes), flat shovels if you have them, and a TON of bug repellant. We need to essentially go over the whole trail and RE-open it like in early spring. Doing a lot of rut filling. I will also be updating signing while walking around.

9:30 AM at the Riverbend lot, I could use a bunch of help.

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

riding on saturday

Postby BikeShopGuy » June 22nd, 2004, 11:13 am

hey zak on saturday i will be out on the trail around 2 pm and will try to find you on the trail look for me on an ironhorse... mike[quote][/quote]
BikeShopGuy

conditons as of saturday the 26th

Postby BikeShopGuy » June 28th, 2004, 8:46 am

i was out on riverbend on saturday......alot of the advanced trail is open but some was still closed......lots of trees still down on riverbend side....in low spots there was alot of mud still .....i avoided most of those places....hansons and dragonball z were a go and most of the beginner trail was clean......watch urself as you adventure deeper into the course alot of bugs were to be had...i would like to see the trail after a week of no rain and 90 degree sunshine....that should clean her out......some of the trees down on the advanced trail were needed cut...(some are 2-3 foot tall off the ground. will keep posted......i will ride some parts again this week.......

ride on
mike
"If you are scared to do it you probably shouldn't, but what the *beep* you only live once!"
BikeShopGuy

burchfield park

Postby jenseninflames » June 29th, 2004, 6:16 pm

I was at burchfield about two weeks ago. The trail was washed out but is now dry, at least the higher part. The biggest problem was the bugs. They are very very bad, wear your bug spray!
jenseninflames

thursday the first of june

Postby BikeShopGuy » July 2nd, 2004, 3:59 pm

i rode most of the riverbend trails that were open. most of the advanced that are closed are for a good reason. please stay off so that they do not get all rutted out. you can access the advanced trails by going the wrong way but please do not. doing so creates ruts!! hansons and all trails to the right of the riverbend parking lot are mostly dry. i would suggest hansons and dragonball all good times....
mike
"If you are scared to do it you probably shouldn't, but what the *beep* you only live once!"
BikeShopGuy

OPEN!!

Postby Zak » July 12th, 2004, 8:06 am

We re-set the washed out bridge and Burchfield is now completely open and ready for business!! Have at it guys!!!

See you on the trails!!

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

loose boards on Dragonball Run

Postby HSeeley » July 12th, 2004, 8:42 am

The bridges near the end of DBall Run have some loose boards. Should be fixed today or tomorrow, but just a heads up.

We rode the bridges yesterday without any trouble, but it would be best to inspect before riding.
HSeeley

Postby Zak » July 13th, 2004, 7:31 am

Loose boards have now been fixed, Thanks Jake!!

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby dtfd30 » July 19th, 2004, 5:43 pm

Looking for people to ride with at Burchfield. I'm kind of new in the area and just getting back into riding. Let me when you ride. I'm pretty much there everyday.
dtfd30

Postby Zak » July 21st, 2004, 12:37 pm

Check out this board. All happenings/rides at B'field are talked about right here. POst a message I guarantee you will get a few riders out to show ya around, especially if you want a tour of all the trails. I would be available most days, maybe this weekend?? Put up a post on this link!

"Z"

http://www.onfal.com/dc/dcboard.php?az= ... cs&forum=9
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions