Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby hippymtnbkr » September 8th, 2004, 6:20 pm

I rode this trail Saturday,then went back Sunday. My girlfriend and I both loved this trail. I even did a couple of the stunts. What a rush.......
My girlfriend has relitives in Lansing,but I would make the 80 mile drive just to do this trail. Good work out there in Mid State Thank you :D :D :D
hippymtnbkr

Postby gnat_facial » September 20th, 2004, 8:19 pm

I rode Burchfield for the first time ever on sunday (early enuff so I could watch the Lions win again :shock: ). I normally prefer tough hilly singletrack, but that was way cool! Those stunts..and....and the rock piles....and that crazy off camber trail on the side of the river bank....oh yeah! :D

thanks for that
regards,
joe (no-sus rider)

btw....The trail was perfect. No downed trees / minimal if any mud / all the stunts were rideable.
But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me - George W. Bush. Dec. 21, 2001
gnat_facial

Postby bikejoe » March 20th, 2005, 3:50 am

It's almost time to start prepping the gem of the Midstate. My rake is ready and the oldest heaviest chainsaw in mid MI will come back to life too, I hope.
bikejoe

Postby mjpo » March 29th, 2005, 9:31 pm

I was out there today. Looks like less than a dozen people have ridden it, however, very damaging in the woods, where it is still very wet.

I live close to the the park and would enjoy helping with maintenance. Please get in contact with me. Thanks!
mjpo

Postby jake » March 29th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Burchfield is still closed to bikes as far as I know. I would not recommend riding the trail it is still far to early, but since you have been out there. Can you be more specific as to the damaged areas.

If you are interested in maintaining the trail raking will begin soon and the days and times will be posted to the mid-state forum.
www.onfal.com

We would appreciate any extra help we can get.
jake

Postby mjpo » March 30th, 2005, 10:24 pm

Back out there again today, not riding, walking. Obviously swamp thing and anything else near river is soaked. Surprisingly, much of the field out by McNamara is wet, though no real rutting. Also surprised to see rutting on beginner (wider) paths between Riverbend and the sledding hill parking lot. But the real damage I saw (rutting) is all in the woods that has the switch backs, + Annies Playground, etc. Not being real familiar with trail maintenance, not sure if anything needs to be done, or let nature take its course. The message is many ruts, TOO WET TO RIDE!!
mjpo

Postby joewanderlust » April 6th, 2005, 10:20 pm

rode burchfield sat, had a blast, walked about a third, but heck, big deal. just dont be the *beep* that secides to ride through the mud, just get off and walk.
joewanderlust

Burchfield raking session: Saturday April 9th 9AM

Postby bikejoe » April 7th, 2005, 2:09 am

Please come out and meet some of the people who build and maintain these trails. Find out more at Midstate MMBA Chapter forum:
http://www.onfal.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=9
bikejoe

Postby knappwar » April 16th, 2005, 10:53 pm

Went today, everything including Swamp Thing is perfectly dry.
knappwar

Postby Creamy » April 21st, 2005, 7:19 am

Came down from TC to ride Burchfield last weekend! Awesome trail, great conditions. Love the obsticles, did the teeter-totter and many others :shock: woo-hoo!
wish we had something technical like this Upnorth. Will always try to get a ride in when I'm in town.
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Creamy

Postby Lyons » May 2nd, 2005, 1:12 pm

Rode on Friday 04/29. Trail was great. Everything was dry, even Swampthing. Anybody know how much rain the trial got this weekend?
The strength of a grizzly... the reflexes of a puma... and the wisdom of a man
Lyons

Postby kemp6685 » May 23rd, 2005, 5:26 pm

rode on may 22, 2005 was a bit muddy cause of rain which is not big deal. great ride live in the area and want to go more often
kemp6685

Postby MTBMichigan » June 3rd, 2005, 1:31 pm

Are there any new stunts in the works for 2005?
MTBMichigan

Postby jake » June 3rd, 2005, 5:17 pm

So far this year no new stunts. The end of last year saw the addition of two new teeters but at this point this is all. The final section has been talked about which would entail no less than seven stunts I believe but this has yet to be schedule mainly due to the time involved in building it.
jake

in need???

Postby kemp6685 » June 15th, 2005, 1:56 pm

i live about maybe 10 miles from burchfield and am looking for some one to ride with if u r interested emai me
kemp6685

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions