Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby jake » June 15th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Most of the rides at Burchfield can be found on the mid-state message board. You can find it at www.onfal.com

If you post up for a ride on there someone will show up to ride with you. We tossed around the idea of weekly group rides there, but there has been little interest in that this year so informal rides are posted when ever anyone plans on going out.
jake

some attention is in order!!!

Postby awol12 » June 18th, 2005, 1:27 am

rode through yesterday and trails are in fairly good condition. However swamp thing has a large branch down, almost a tree and requires hike-a-bike, and some other trails have also large branches downs. Seems the storms of the last few weeks have caused some trouble. Also it seems that some individuals have created some of their own obsticles, these appear in anne's play house and randy's maze. These obsticles have been made to get over downed logs, however are not made very good, and provide more of a hazard, one obsticle in part you cannot event get over, your front rings with catch. Well just a little info, hope this helps.
awol12

Postby knappwar » June 19th, 2005, 12:45 am

Muddy patches but not bad.
knappwar

Postby Zak » June 20th, 2005, 8:50 am

Trail is clear of all trees, thanks for the tip!!

Still a few small muddy spots, but trail is completely rideable

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby awol12 » June 21st, 2005, 12:41 pm

Another tree came down, between sunday and monday, its on the blue trail so I'm not sure if that is the responsibility of MMBA or of Burchfield park. Also are there any group rides coming up?
awol12

Postby yz_387 » June 21st, 2005, 2:42 pm

awol12 wrote:Also are there any group rides coming up?

Please visit www.onfal.com and click on mid state. You will find all info regarding group rides there. :D
yz_387

Postby Zak » June 22nd, 2005, 11:04 am

we will look for this additional tree tonight at our group ride.

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby hippymtnbkr » September 7th, 2005, 9:18 am

Anybody know of any campgrounds with cabins in the area?
hippymtnbkr

Postby dangelo4 » September 22nd, 2005, 11:14 am

Just road it thursday and it couldnt be in better shape.
dangelo4

Postby Napper » September 22nd, 2005, 7:33 pm

Does anybody here ride Burchfeild at night. If so where do you park?
Napper

Postby Zak » September 23rd, 2005, 8:56 am

Workin' on the night ride situation, will get back to you when there is more to tell.

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Trail pictures vs. what I found

Postby Jekko » October 4th, 2005, 8:21 am

Hey all, I rode there a few weeks ago, and I was looking at pictures of the teeters and other stuff on the website. I didn't see any of that when I was there! Did I miss something? It's a pretty small trail, so I don't see how I could have... Anyone know? :?:
Jekko

Postby Zak » October 5th, 2005, 10:22 am

There are currently 8 miles of advanced trail at Burchfield, any idea how many miles you rode??

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby Jekko » October 5th, 2005, 1:20 pm

Eight miles of advanced trail? I thought it was eight total. I'm not sure how much I rode, it seemed kinda short, so I may not have seen all of it. I can't remeber the names of all the trails. I do remeber the color codes, though. I rode a green, yellow, a red (I think there was red?) and part of a black, but it had been a while since I was out, so I opted to skip some of it, which is probably where I missed everything else.
Jekko

Postby Krol_Franklin_E » October 5th, 2005, 1:26 pm

If you park at the Riverbend lot, theres a nice big map to get you started in the right dirrection. There are usually maps you can take with you also. You've got to follow the white signs that say "advanced" and I think they have an arrow. The advanced trail is pretty much all singletrack with double track that links the trail together for a full loop. It snakes around a bit and has you coming right past the Riverbend parking lot a couple times. Once you find the entrance of the advanced trail at Riverbend, you can't go 100 yards without coming across your first stunt.
Krol_Franklin_E

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions