MCMBA: Hickory Glen (Commerce)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Glass in the trail

Postby Spinwheel » July 9th, 2004, 8:40 pm

Watch out for glass in the Farmer's Dump area @ about the 1 to 1 1/2 mile mark. Two flat tires tonght for one rider.. most of the glass is picked up but there's more coming to the surface. Will install more ladder bridges "soon." :shock:
Spinwheel

Re: Glass in the trail

Postby old_nhjeffs » July 9th, 2004, 9:17 pm

Spinwheel wrote:Watch out for glass in the Farmer's Dump area @ about the 1 to 1 1/2 mile mark. Two flat tires tonght for one rider.. most of the glass is picked up but there's more coming to the surface. Will install more ladder bridges "soon." :shock:

I must have picked something up last night also. Went to make some adjustments after Thursday's ride at Commerce tonight and the rear was flat. Man, I wish I could have found a tube when I was at the store today.

Jeff
old_nhjeffs

Postby sumoe » July 15th, 2004, 10:45 am

Rode Wednesday Night's 6:30 ride with Spinwheel (after he finally caught up!) Trail is in BEAUTIFUL CONDITION!! One very small (about 2-3 feet) muddy section, but the rest dries out well. A more pristine, unfettered trail than, say, NOVI! :shock:

See you riding soon!

sue
There is nothing wrong with the world that a bicycle cannot fix...
sumoe

Postby Spinwheel » July 17th, 2004, 10:31 pm

The kids and I did some weedwacking today. :shock: More signs coming soon.. new tree mounted signs will be placed "at eye level" ...as the sign experiment at HGP continues :D

The trail is damp - with little mud, very rideable.

Tim
Spinwheel

Postby jozwikjp » July 23rd, 2004, 8:42 am

Good Job on the trail! Tried to pack it down a bit last night.. I like the dips they're my favorite. :lol:
jozwikjp

Postby Spinwheel » July 23rd, 2004, 10:30 pm

jozwikjp wrote:Good Job on the trail! Tried to pack it down a bit last night.. I like the dips they're my favorite. :lol:

Cool !

Check out the Wed nite ride if you're available - see you there..

http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=11148

Tim
Spinwheel

Postby old_nhjeffs » July 24th, 2004, 7:22 am

I rode Commerce on Friday night. The trail is in great shape. The new section is getting packed down pretty good.

Jeff
old_nhjeffs

Postby Sherpaboy » July 24th, 2004, 8:11 am

Is the trail done now ? I mean completed as a loop ?
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby sumoe » July 24th, 2004, 8:48 am

Trail is done as a loop! When all the signs are up, you can get back to the start easily. Good job, Tim!
There is nothing wrong with the world that a bicycle cannot fix...
sumoe

Caution, trail sabatoge reported

Postby Spinwheel » July 25th, 2004, 12:09 pm

I was informed yesterday that someone placed several sticks in the mountain bike trail - setup like jousting poles in the middle of the trail. These have been removed thanks to a local rider.
Always stay alert on the trail.. keep your focus on what's 10 - 15 feet in front of you and inspect the trail for new obsticles as you ride - each time you ride. :evil:
Spinwheel

Postby Chuck » July 29th, 2004, 1:23 pm

rode the trail this afternoon, its in great shape minus the one muddy spot by the river. trail is starting to pack down and devlope some flow. great job on the new sections, the "mimi-craters" are cool. *beep* that bridge is slick.....
Chuck

Postby Apps » August 9th, 2004, 6:35 am

I rode the trail yesterday and there are a few trees down. One large tree is down just a short ways past the two track crossing by the tree with the ridable "V". This one is a pretty good size, about 8-12 inches in diameter... Also, it looks like the bridge is wiped out as well. There were only a couple boards left there, who knows where the rest of it is..... :(

Justin
Apps

Postby Spinwheel » August 9th, 2004, 5:34 pm

Apps wrote -

I rode the trail yesterday and there are a few trees down. One large tree is down just a short ways past the two track crossing by the tree with the ridable "V". This one is a pretty good size, about 8-12 inches in diameter...

Thanks, will get a chainsaw on that one soon..

Also, it looks like the bridge is wiped out as well. There were only a couple boards left there, who knows where the rest of it is.....

Indeed, the gremins in the park are restless again.. I know where the rest of it is and later this week the Sheriff will too :P :P

Thanks for the update!
Spinwheel

Postby Spinwheel » August 10th, 2004, 8:26 pm

Apps wrote:I rode the trail yesterday and there are a few trees down. One large tree is down just a short ways past the two track crossing by the tree with the ridable "V". This one is a pretty good size, about 8-12 inches in diameter...
Justin

Big tree's gone - replaced by a log pile. :D

Still have a 'large' stump to remove :roll:
Spinwheel

Postby Apps » August 11th, 2004, 8:41 pm

Spinwheel.

Thanks for all your efforts. I hope my location was good enough for you... That should be on heck of a log pile if you used that fallen limb/tree to do it!

What pot head do we have to steal the bridge back from????? :twisted:

Justin
Apps

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions