MCMBA: Hickory Glen (Commerce)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby Coyo Te » August 21st, 2004, 3:34 am

Whoa!!!! Who the *beep* steals a bridge??? I play Disc golf and I know of people stealing baskets and maybe signs but really how gone do you have to be to steal a fricken bridge?!?!?!
Coyo Te

Postby Shanman » August 21st, 2004, 10:05 am

Adam,

We were thinking of that too. Thanks for the support.
Shanman

Postby hockeydaddy » August 21st, 2004, 5:22 pm

The trial is in great shape. This was the first time I did a completed loop since a trail day last year. My hats off to Tim and Shannon and all you had a hansd it is a great trail. Quite techy!!!!
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby Spinwheel » August 23rd, 2004, 9:50 pm

hockeydaddy wrote:The trial is in great shape. This was the first time I did a completed loop since a trail day last year. My hats off to Tim and Shannon and all you had a hansd it is a great trail. Quite techy!!!!

Hockeydaddy, hats off to you too !! I saw you there last year when most of the trail was created... and Hats off to the TREE FARMERS, Todd, Jeff, Kevin, Mike, K2, Shannon, Froggyrider, Sumoe, Limey, sorry I can't name you all.. and the spoke junkies... it's your trail - ride it 8)

And I like the tecky comment, I figure its a short trail so why not make it technical and sprint up every "hill" too, just to add some challenge :P :wink:
Spinwheel

Postby scat silvurz » August 23rd, 2004, 10:08 pm

I still haven't finished a loop! [my generator has more trail time there than my bike!]

I gotta get my *beep* out there!
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

I gott a get out there too...

Postby Sherpaboy » August 24th, 2004, 9:19 am

I'm up for a Commerce challenge...I need to ride the trail this year yet and see the finished prodcut.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby K2Beast » August 24th, 2004, 11:34 am

scat silvurz wrote:I still haven't finished a loop! [my generator has more trail time there than my bike!]

I gotta get my *beep* out there!

:shock: I'm still in the 24 Hours of Boyne race... I found the clothes pin in my camelback the other day :!: :lol:
Adam aka K2Beast (FR/DH/XC) .__ :twisted:
GT Zaskar (rigid) - - - - - - - - - \ <
Azonic DS1 (SS/rigid) - - - - (( )) (( ))
Yeti AS-X (DH/Freeride) -------------
Surly 1x1 (SS/rigid)
Diamondback Drifter
K2Beast

Triaday .........................!

Postby Spinwheel » August 25th, 2004, 9:55 pm

A Bridge replacement trailday is comming soon... again, if you like to play in the dirt and eat pizza afterwards you will be WELL QUALIFIED to participate ! PM me ......
Looking forward to it :P

Tim
Spinwheel

TRAILDAY SEPT 19

Postby Spinwheel » September 8th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Spinwheel wrote:A Bridge replacement trailday is comming soon... again, if you like to play in the dirt and eat pizza afterwards you will be WELL QUALIFIED to participate ! PM me ......
Looking forward to it :P

Tim

Yes, the trailday is comming soon.. here is the link to the trailday posting =>

http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=15135

Email for more infomation at tslabach@comcast.net.

See you on the trail.
Spinwheel

Postby old_nhjeffs » September 9th, 2004, 8:38 pm

Rode Commerce tonight. There's a treee that's leaning across the trail a little after the new logpile. It almost took off my camelback. I guess I should have looked to see what mile it was at.

Jeff
old_nhjeffs

Postby Spinwheel » September 19th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Spinwheel

Postby old_nhjeffs » September 19th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Spinwheel wrote:Brides are back... http://www.mmba.org/posting.php

I get a "No post mode specified" message with this link.

I rode Commerce today around 5pm. You guys did a great job on the bridges. I wish I could have gotten home from camping sooner to help you out.

Jeff
old_nhjeffs

Postby Spinwheel » September 19th, 2004, 9:16 pm

Ok , try it again..

THE BRIDGES ARE BACK :D http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=15135
Spinwheel

Postby Spinwheel » October 30th, 2004, 9:51 pm

Trail update: Very dry, even with the recent rain. Lots of leaves make navigation tricky. New trail markers have been installed. A few downed trees... will get to them soon.

Tim
Spinwheel

signs down already?

Postby BLuoUT » October 31st, 2004, 8:54 pm

I rode on 10-30-04 for the first time on this trail.. I ran into a man who said he ran into the guys installing the brand new signs.
I had a lil trouble following the trail due to the leaves covering but I thought the signs did a good job at the hike/walk trail intersections.

But then I rode today halloween and i couldnt believe that someone already ran over a few signs.. A little into the ride I discovered some young kids 2 guys 2 girls about 13-15 yo On a four wheeler. (2 were waiting there turn I guess) I confronted them about the signs, and they said they were down when they got there and they heard someone else on a four wheeler earlier. I advised them there were no motorised vehicles allowed and continued.. hopefully it wasnt them but I definetly assumed a fourwheeler was the culprit due the way the signs were run over and snapped in half at the base.

I liked the trail and will probably start to fit it in more often. I cleared away quite abit of fallen trees and branches all that i could myself from that wild wind we had the other day.

Sorry about the signs they look great ashame they might need to be reconsidered if this kind of destruction continues.
BLuoUT

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions