Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

Postby Geff » July 30th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Team JTree is coming into town tomorrow night for a ride on this local loop. We will be meeting at Bandemere at 6. Kevin will be leading. Anyone else want to join in, please feel free and welcome.

BCar...PM me and let me know exactly where that tree is down on Cedar Bend and I can take care of it. Thanks!
Geff

Postby Bcar » July 30th, 2012, 5:28 pm

I'm in
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby Geff » July 30th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Bcar wrote:I'm in

Thanks!
Geff

Postby Geff » July 31st, 2012, 9:30 am

Bcar wrote:there is one large tree down just off of (south of) cedar bend drive, if anyone has a chainsaw, our regular man is out of commision for a bit longer :( Someone there keeps removing the log pile logs so its rideable :evil:

All taken care of. No worries.
Geff

Postby Bcar » July 31st, 2012, 10:14 am

Geff wrote:
Bcar wrote:there is one large tree down just off of (south of) cedar bend drive, if anyone has a chainsaw, our regular man is out of commision for a bit longer :( Someone there keeps removing the log pile logs so its rideable :evil:

All taken care of. No worries.

you da man!! Thanks! rode again last night, things are in pretty good shape. The rain we got last night/this a.m. should only make things better today.
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

Postby Geff » July 31st, 2012, 3:51 pm

Geff wrote:Team JTree is coming into town tomorrow night for a ride on this local loop. We will be meeting at Bandemere at 6. Kevin will be leading. Anyone else want to join in, please feel free and welcome.

Sorry for the misinformation and late notice. They are meeting at Olson Park either 6 or 6:30. Same as before. All are welcome. Hope to see you, especially if I can get out the door now since my plans have changed a bit and are in need of adjustment.
Geff

Postby Bcar » August 1st, 2012, 11:56 am

Pretty big turnout last night, ~19 riders! I was rather late, wondering why I was the only one at Bandemere, LOL...

I think for the next one we need to split into groups, would help keep the flow better for everyone and not make others struggle to try to keep up and not get lost. oops...

Huge props to the dude who rode a lot of the DH and Ridge trail on a CX bike! woot woot! And thanks to D for the tube, mine was on the kitchen counter when I got home...grrr...

Jtree, nice group of peeps.

pm me if anyone ever wants to hit it up as a small group. 2.5 hrs becomes <1.5 hrs :wink:
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

Postby jwhitey » August 1st, 2012, 12:04 pm

Bcar, I'd be up for a guided tour some day. Like the avatar but can't be Mt Brighton... there are trees... and snow.
jwhitey

Postby Bcar » August 1st, 2012, 12:57 pm

jwhitey wrote:Bcar, I'd be up for a guided tour some day. Like the avatar but can't be Mt Brighton... there are trees... and snow.

Any time. Try to ride it a few times a week.
Pic was actually taken at Alpine Valley, not Brighton... ;)
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

Postby Geff » August 1st, 2012, 7:36 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it. Got tied up with State related items. Next time... Glad it was such a great turn out!

And let me know about any other felled trees across the trail. I am more than happy to help take care of it.
Geff

Postby yamangold » August 3rd, 2012, 11:59 am

Pretty big turnout last night, ~19 riders! I was rather late, wondering why I was the only one at Bandemere, LOL...

I think for the next one we need to split into groups, would help keep the flow better for everyone and not make others struggle to try to keep up and not get lost. oops...

Huge props to the dude who rode a lot of the DH and Ridge trail on a CX bike! woot woot! And thanks to D for the tube, mine was on the kitchen counter when I got home...grrr...

Jtree, nice group of peeps.

pm me if anyone ever wants to hit it up as a small group. 2.5 hrs becomes <1.5 hrs

Hey Brian, thanks for leading the group out, and thanks to Kevin for changing his role to sweeper! I think we stayed together fairly well considering the range of abilities, and since 90% of us had never hit any of those trails before. I know most of us are now hoping to ride down there more often. Different ability groups next time for sure. Next time you will have to hang with us afterward and see what we do best :wink:

BTW how'd that pic turnout? Can I get a copy?

-Jeff
yamangold

Postby jwhitey » August 5th, 2012, 8:24 am

Yesterday evening the trail was great. Ran out of daylight before finding the downhill.
jwhitey

Postby Bcar » August 15th, 2012, 10:25 am

the loop is rocking! perfect shape just about. there is another tree down in ceder bend, just past the last one but a bit farther to the east. the ridge was a bit slick.
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

Postby Geff » August 15th, 2012, 10:30 am

Bcar wrote:the loop is rocking! perfect shape just about. there is another tree down in ceder bend, just past the last one but a bit farther to the east. the ridge was a bit slick.

I can't get to that this week since I am heading to Quebec today. Sorry. If it is still there next Tue or Wed, just let me know and I will go and take care of it.
Geff

Postby shippenville » August 28th, 2012, 7:16 am

I cut out the tree in Cedar Bend last night.
shippenville

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions