Poto: Heritage Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Heritage Park

Postby Trance » April 13th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Has anyone been out there this spring that can report the trail condition. I suspect it's still wet, but looking for a first hand report if possible. Thanks!
Trance

Postby tmb » April 18th, 2018, 3:28 am

By this weekend, I'd say we'd be in pretty good shape. The low areas may need a few more days to dry out though.
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby Trance » April 24th, 2018, 9:53 am

I know rain is coming today, but any reports on how Heritage Park was last weekend? Dry?
Trance

Postby tmb » April 24th, 2018, 11:30 am

I rode 2 full laps yesterday and just got home from some trail work today. Full loop is currently open and rideable. So far today, we’ve only got some light misting rain which won’t change trail conditions at all. Heavier/more consistent rain could make our low areas pretty greasy though.
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby Trance » May 16th, 2018, 7:49 am

how well does heritage drain / dry out after rain? in this weather, will it typically dry out in a couple of days?
Trance

Postby JeeperJay » May 16th, 2018, 8:12 am

Most of it dries fairly quick. There are some low lying areas that stay wet a little longer but can be avoided by eliminating that section.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JeeperJay

Postby Trance » May 25th, 2018, 6:56 am

I rode a lap on Wednesday evening and on Thursday morning. Orange is mostly dry with some mud. Most of the mud was in what look like 'the usual wet spots'. Hard to tell if some of those parts ever get dry. It was certainly rideable and very fun.

I am an out of towner, here are a couple of observations. Signage was great! Terrain is diverse and fun. Some climbs, some downhills, some technical banked turns and off camber, some jump opportunities, some nice bridges, some narrow bridges, large and small log overs, many route options. Some of the climbs snuck up on me and I had to walk up, but no big deal. The only bummers were the bugs (but nobody can help that), some overgrowth (looks poison ivyish) and I chunked my chairing (29er hardtail) on a couple of the smaller log overs. I suppose I just need to jump those, but ... All in all, it was worth the stop and is very much improved since my only other time here about 12 years or so ago. We got all lost that time and I'm sure we missed a lot of trail. Nice work and a big thanks to the TC there and the Poto chapter!
Trance

Postby tmb » May 28th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! Our small trailcrew has worked very hard the last few years to improve the trail system to make it more friendly for out of towners.
Regarding the overgrowth: You'll be happy to hear that over the long weekend, we put in about 16 man hours of just trimming.

T
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby Trance » September 11th, 2018, 3:48 pm

How have conditions been? Thinking of riding a few laps this weekend, wondering if its been super wet or anything.
Trance

Postby tmb » September 11th, 2018, 5:24 pm

We are completely dried out and open to ride! The recent storms have washed quite a bit of sand into some corners though, so watch for that.
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby ChrisInYpsi » September 16th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Rode Heritage today for the first time in over 3 years. What a difference! The signage is great and it makes finding your way much easier. Unfortunately the tough climbs were not easier :-). Everything was nicely manicured and free of overgrowth.

Really well done to the trail crew! You should be proud of this trail, and I’ll certainly now be visiting more often.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby tmb » September 17th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Thanks Chris! It really is a selfish endeavor though, we just wanted really fun stuff to ride ourselves and it turns out other people dig it too!

One of our group spent a few hours digging/scraping sand build up from some of the corners yesterday, we will continue working on it.
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby jreyst » October 1st, 2018, 9:52 pm

Visited Heritage for the first time ever today. WOW! This is a nice trail! So many neat features! Rode all of Orange which I think covers everything. I'll be back for sure. Fun trail!
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions