MCMBA: Munson

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby thedrizzle » December 28th, 2004, 4:50 pm

Been out there, ran about 25 psi in my big 2.35, it was almost impossible to ride the trail. we just got soooooo much snow so kwick, last year it was great scince there was only about 5-8 inches to deal with, the xtra 4 or so, just made it rougher, if the hikers had not got on it it would be alot easier. I would hold off awhile, if driven any distance...
thedrizzle

Munson park trail conditions March 3 2004

Postby JACKS-BIKES » March 1st, 2005, 2:36 pm

Well, as long as its frozen Munson has been rideable, with the fresh snow in the past day or so it has made for suitable conditions. Enjoy it while its COLD, because with all this rain and snow once it starts to thaw, it could be long wait for it to dry out, last year the trail wasnt fully rideable until late May. for more up to date info call:
Jacks Bicycle and fitness @ 734 242 1400
JACKS-BIKES

Postby a2citrix » April 13th, 2005, 12:36 pm

I know it took a long time for this to dry up last year... how's she looking so far this year? Anyone been out there?
a2citrix

Postby thedrizzle » April 13th, 2005, 12:41 pm

As of Saturday, it was WAYYYYYYYYY muddy, but.......i will update it tonight as i am goin back out, we have had some 3 good dry days and nice north easter wind , so that might help, watch back.
YOUR LIES BECOME YOU.
thedrizzle

Postby thedrizzle » April 14th, 2005, 11:58 am

went out last nite....still too muddy..maybe a couple more days...check back after the weeks end. :D :D
YOUR LIES BECOME YOU.
thedrizzle

Munson park

Postby scott » May 8th, 2005, 9:08 pm

I rode munson park Saturday morning and there is only one work to describe it "mud" Most of the front loop is bad and I didn't even make it 100 yards into the back section. i will try again next weeked
scott

Postby JACKS-BIKES » May 18th, 2005, 3:40 pm

Trail is SSSSOOOOOFFFFFFTTTTTTTT.......but rideable, still might need a few good warm day to dry out!!
JACKS-BIKES

Postby JACKS-BIKES » May 20th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Well................as of friday May 20th, Munson Park trail is rideable the front section is soft in some sections, but nothing that would be harmful. the back is a little greasy in the low spots, but still rideable..
happy trails... :D :D :D
JACKS-BIKES

Postby ?andyA » June 8th, 2005, 7:21 am

Rode last night... The front section is in pretty good shape. Kudos to Scott, et al, for clearing that section out. The ground is still a bit soft, yet tacky. A few sections -especially sections where you enter a boardwalk- that are a little greasy if you're going too fast. Probably from the recent storm.

The back section is good shape too - soft & tacky, but drying out nicely. Again Kudos the guys for the work on Sunday. I took about 30mins and cleared/raked the last quarter mile of the trail on the back section (that's when the bugs decided my legs were much better sustenance than the indigenous food sources in the woods :P ).

All-in-all Munson is definitely looking good to go.
?andyA

Postby JACKS-BIKES » June 23rd, 2005, 9:23 am

As of Wednesday june 22....Trail conditions at munson are good, some greasy spots in the usual sections, but still very rideable.....just bring the bug spray...cuz those guys are hungry, stop for 30 seconds and your chances of getting west nile are very good.. :D :D :D
JACKS-BIKES

Postby future_itisnow » July 5th, 2005, 9:00 pm

July 5th...at last was able to hit up munson in monroe this evening and the trail is a solid fun & twisty ride.

trail was in very good shape (alot has been made about the trail being muddy, however maybury is muddier these days than Munson).

5 miles from lot to lot when riding both trails...come on out and support your local neighborhood trail.

also, do not stop on the trail unless you want to be covered in mosquito's....all in all a good time. :D
future_itisnow

Postby don_delagrange » July 8th, 2005, 7:17 am

The trail is in good shape. A few soft spots but drying out nicely. I went out yesterday for 2 hours and weedwacked .25 miles into the front loop and trimmed some face slappers till .4 miles.

Don
don_delagrange

munson

Postby scott » July 21st, 2005, 9:12 pm

Rode the tail tonight before the rain. Wet in some spots but still rideable. I did some trail cutting yesterday in some of the overgrown spots.
scott

Postby colorful_skin » August 20th, 2005, 6:41 pm

has anybody been out there lately was thinking of coming down there tomorrow 8/21 hope the little rain today didnt turn it into a mud pit
colorful_skin

Postby cone of confusion » August 20th, 2005, 8:31 pm

went riding at the trails today 8/19 and got caught up in the thunderstorms and heavy rain....
The trail is in really good condition and the spots that were slightly muddy are now tacky mud , but certainly manageable.
There are some dead fall trees which can easily hucked over or gone around just more challenges to this great little trail system!
More updates later.......... :mrgreen:
cone of confusion

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions