CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby BTTAndy » July 13th, 2005, 10:35 pm

Have you guys been watching the forcast? they are calling for scattered showers all weekend. I was considering camping out. Maybe not.
BTTAndy

Postby dirty bird » July 14th, 2005, 3:21 am

All I can say is, some times you just have to go for it!!! Team sandbag will be out there sat & sun nighs, so come on out. Mike
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » July 14th, 2005, 3:24 am

hippymtnbkr wrote:Hey is the whole trail open including the water crossing. I know there's a race this weekend. We want to ride Sunday,but don't want to make the drive if only two miles of trail are open
What would make you think the hole trail wouldnt be utilized for the NORBA race? We are open for riding, so bring it on. Mike
dirty bird

Postby hippymtnbkr » July 14th, 2005, 5:55 pm

dirty bird wrote:
hippymtnbkr wrote:Hey is the whole trail open including the water crossing. I know there's a race this weekend. We want to ride Sunday,but don't want to make the drive if only two miles of trail are open
What would make you think the hole trail wouldnt be utilized for the NORBA race? We are open for riding, so bring it on. Mike
cool breeze,dude..............
hippymtnbkr

Postby RideOrDieDAN » July 16th, 2005, 11:51 am

what are the conditions? what tires should I use? send me a PM mike if you don't talk to you on the phone. see you sunday!
Team Fraser
RideOrDieDAN

Postby dirty bird » October 19th, 2005, 3:43 am

Its time once again to say good bye for the winter. From all of us here at Ruby and everyone else who helped to make this year so good, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » March 21st, 2006, 5:57 am

Spring is upon us and we have lots to talk about this year!!! We have a NORBA race(July 16TH), a college race(some time in the fall), and even a 5-mile/10-mile trail race for charity w/ a BBQ after(probably in August). We also have a group ride that a few die hard folks keep alive by coming out on Wed. evenings around 6pm through the summer so get out there and show some grit! The Ruby Campground management as well as all of us who put so much effort into making the trail better and more challenging, are planning on rerouting the big climb on the back side of the trail. We are also going to get the trail bench cut a bit to help make a rainy :cry: race day more managable. We are putting more signs up for a more enjoyable ride. Last year was a great rebirth of a race out here and like last year we are proud to say that Red Bull will be there for the Ruby race(NORBA). We are also having our team(Team Sandbag) raffle drawing on the day of the Ruby race as well. Please keep an eye on Ruby Campground this summer by watching the MMBA & Teamsandbag.com web sites for more activities! Keep us in mind when you are looking for some place different and more challenging to ride, but remember that we have a river crossing(actually 2-crossings) so check the weather first 8) maybe even spend the weekend out there by camping! Thanks, and I hope to see more new faces as well as all of the local folks who keep the trail alive. Mike...............
dirty bird

Postby daurand » March 30th, 2006, 3:13 pm

I hope to ride Ruby more this year. Maybe I'll make some Wednesdays.

How is the course? Muddy as usual and waiting for JUNE to get dry?
I fear Teeter Totters.
daurand

Postby Diesel » March 31st, 2006, 12:20 pm

I havn't been out there myself yet, but reports I've gotten are that there is significant cleanup/repair that needs to be done. Anyone familiar with Ruby would know that that's typical for the place in spring. There is a significant portion of the trail that looks right now as though no trail ever was there.

We have a trail day coming soon...we'll get it taken care of!!!! :wink:

Watch for trail day postings here and at www.teamsandbag.com.
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby dirty bird » April 5th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Here is a list of things to do and events to take place this year;
1) The idea for a "trail rules" form for the campers to sign was approved.
2) Red Bull will be sold out of the campground store this year.
3) The wood backings for the rest of the signs made last year are being completed. (that means we will have 15-signs to dig in this summer.)
4) We have a large bundle of wood already delivered and we are getting more donated, to be used on changing the "wall" into a very long switch back climb. (for a better race trail and for a more ridable every day trail)
5) Anyone w/ ten or more trail hrs, will receive a year pass for 2007. (this only applys to work done at Ruby)
6) We are going to be hosting 3 events this year. A NORBA race, a trail run, & a college race.
7) Bob and Mary are giving us prizes for 1ST, 2ND, & 3RD place prizes for the most trail time spent @ Ruby this year.
Cool We will have a info board built and dug in by the parking lot w/ trail info, rules, & cost on it.
9) We are finishing the washout w/ the rest of the concrete that is there near the hill.
10) There are a few new ares that are being looked at for more trail to be built, if we can get the other trail projects built before the Norba race then we will start looking more closely at these new areas.
11) I am also working on a project right now that will be loaded onto both our web site & MMBA's web site. It will be a GPS w/ a satelite over view and it will have dots on it that can be clicked on to reveal a few pictures of that specific area of the trail.
12) One of our official trail days,(the ones we have listed here on the team web site), will be a "Trail school day". When I find out the date I will post it.
Please call w/ any questions @ (586)864-2578

Thanks for the interest, Mike.......
dirty bird

Postby RubyRider » May 1st, 2006, 8:18 pm

Trail Day This Saturday from 9am to 1pm. It looks like we will be raking and cleaning up the trail.

Message from the TC:

We start at 9am and end at 1pm. We will be BBQ after and getting a ride in to admire all of our hard work. any questions please call Mike # (586)864-2578
RubyRider

Postby Flattire » May 3rd, 2006, 2:27 pm

Looking at riding this sunday will it be open. also things to do list number 7 says there will be a cost. is this true and what is the amount
Flattire

Postby Diesel » May 3rd, 2006, 3:18 pm

Flattire wrote:Looking at riding this sunday will it be open. also things to do list number 7 says there will be a cost. is this true and what is the amount

The trail is on private land, Ruby Campground, to be specific. The owners, who are VERY supportive of the trail and MTBing there, ask for a $2. fee per-rider per-day. If the campground office is closed you can leave the $2 in the mailbox outside of the office. I think they are offering a yearly fee as well.

The Campground is a private business and a very modest one. Most of the time the fee is an "honor system" thing. Please support those who support us and don't blow off the $2...it would be much easier for them to close the MTB trail than it is for them to keep it open. Anyway, what's $2...won't even buy you a cheeseburger anymore.
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby dirty bird » May 3rd, 2006, 11:55 pm

I dont think the trail will be open just yet. Give it about mid may or so. Its in a rain belt and will take a little while to dry out. Just keep watching the board, I will post the open sign as soon as it is. The darn weather has to stablize a bit first :?

Come out this sat. for our 1st trail day of the season and get to meet some of the guys who keep things going. After we are BBQ-ing. Maybe even getting a quick ride in, depending on how much rain we get the next couple of days. Mike
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » May 23rd, 2006, 8:38 am

we are having another trail day this saturday the 27th from 9am-1pm w/ a BBQ after. So come on out lend a hand and get out on the trail before everyone else can!

Please try and let me knpw if you are coming so I can get extra hotdogs. Mike.................
dirty bird

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions