CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby dirty bird » May 29th, 2006, 7:03 am

Ruby is open for riding! Just a few things to mention, the front side is almost 100%. The back side is at about 85% w/ one down tree and a section that is in the process of being rerouted, so please be patient and enjoy the trail.

Please make sure you stop in at the campground store and check in and pay your 2.00's as well.

W/in the next two wks the trail will be completely ridable w/ the depth of the creek being the only obstical to deal w/ :P Thanks again, Mike.......
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » June 14th, 2006, 11:56 pm

Ruby is 100% ridable and waiting for you :twisted: So what are you waiting for? A few of us have put lots of hrs in in the last two days to get the trail done for the summer.

Dont forget about our wed. night rides starting at 6pm.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you there, Mike...........................
dirty bird

Postby daurand » June 19th, 2006, 7:47 am

:D Made it to Ruby on Sunday a.m. (ride time for father's day!!) The trail is in great shape, but I need to work on more hills :oops:

Those quick turn then up-hill sections are difficult. I also find it hard to build up speed over most of the trail, lots of tight turns and close trees.

Can't wait to get back and do it again :lol:
I fear Teeter Totters.
daurand

Postby dirty bird » June 27th, 2006, 12:25 pm

daurand wrote::D Made it to Ruby on Sunday a.m. (ride time for father's day!!) The trail is in great shape, but I need to work on more hills :oops:

Those quick turn then up-hill sections are difficult. I also find it hard to build up speed over most of the trail, lots of tight turns and close trees.

Can't wait to get back and do it again :lol:

We are out there every wed @ 6pm !!! Hope to see you again for the Ruby race. Mike
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » July 3rd, 2006, 12:39 am

The course is looking good. The river crossings are still litte rough but will be taken care of in the next week. We are also changing the big climb in the back and making it a more makable climb in all weather. Other than that, the trail is just about done. When you go out let me know what you think by PMing me. Thanks, MIke..................
dirty bird

Postby RubyRider » July 4th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Trail is great shape. The water crossings are ridable. Everthing looks great. Go ride the trail.

Thanks Mike!! :D
RubyRider

Postby tobynapalm » July 4th, 2006, 9:17 pm

Drew and I plan on being there tomorrow at the usual time for a three lapper.
tobynapalm

Postby dirty bird » July 8th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Ruby is ready for the race and I mean completely!!!
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » July 25th, 2006, 1:49 am

COME ON OUT AND TEST YOUR SKILLS :twisted: Ruby is the best its ever been and awlasy improving. Mike.........
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » September 8th, 2006, 6:20 am

If it will quit raining for more than a day, then Ruby will be clear and ready for some quality fall riding!

Please take note that Ruby will be closed to mountain biking on the last three weekends of Sept. & the first weekend of Oct.

Thanks again, Mike.......................
dirty bird

Postby chunky dunker » September 8th, 2006, 9:41 pm

For those that did not know, Ruby has 1100 ft. of climbing!!! You got to come out and see it to believe it. The two major climbs with the majority of the elevation are known as "Lance" and "The Wall". And remember when you climb 1000 ft, you have to come down. And you come down fast. So Be prepared! This may be the most technical trail in SE Michigan.
chunky dunker

Postby honkonbobo » October 16th, 2006, 7:06 am

rode Ruby yesterday for the first time and the trail is still very rideable given the rain. getting to the back section required crossing the frigid and above knee depth creek which we did. not sure if i would do that again this season but it was worth it yesterday... i wouldnt have wanted to miss the decent after the wall.

nice trail. i think i will be riding it alot next season. thanks to all who have spent time making it what it is.
honkonbobo

Postby dirty bird » October 16th, 2006, 9:52 am

honkonbobo wrote:rode Ruby yesterday for the first time and the trail is still very rideable given the rain. getting to the back section required crossing the frigid and above knee depth creek which we did. not sure if i would do that again this season but it was worth it yesterday... i wouldnt have wanted to miss the decent after the wall.

nice trail. i think i will be riding it alot next season. thanks to all who have spent time making it what it is.

Thanks, and you are right! Its turned into a real fun palce to ride. We have a few more plans for the back half for next year. See you next year at a trail day or a wed/group ride 8) Mike.............
dirty bird

Postby Josh McCreedy » October 16th, 2006, 10:20 am

1100 feet? In how many miles? I had no idea.
Josh McCreedy

Postby sleddog » October 20th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Is Ruby open? I wanted to ride there tomorrow if it was.
About Punk Music
http://punkmusic.about.com - My Desperate Cry for Attention
If I were any older I might act my age.
sleddog

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions