Western: Robinette's

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby Mike_D » October 6th, 2004, 5:35 pm

Rode Robinette's this afternoon. The trail is starting to get better - the sand seems to be getting packed down and a def. line thru it in some areas but there is still the really nasty washout about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way thru. Almost took out a hiker today as I was sliding down it with my rear brake locked up. Other than that, it's an alright ride for close being close by. It's not CSGA, but it will have to do :(
Mike_D

Postby Scotty » November 1st, 2004, 8:19 am

After this weekends high winds (10/30 - 10/31) there are a lot of trees down at Robinettes. I was there late in the day on 10/30 and pulled as many off the trail as I could move....probably 10 to 15 small trees. There are at least another 5 large ones (some in dangerous spots) that need removal and will require a chain saw.

Other than that the trail was in fairly good condition.
Scotty

Postby Guppie » November 4th, 2004, 7:57 pm

Has anybody called Robinettes to see if we can chainsaw these sucker. I have a chainsaw so I'm willing to do it. If nobody has arranged something, I'll call robinettes and see if they'll let me do it.
Guppie

Postby Guppie » November 14th, 2004, 9:42 am

I walked Robinettes yesterday with a chainsaw and cleared it out. I spoke with somebody at the cider house to get permission and they felt bad for not sending their crew out after the storm.

Should be smooth sailing now.
Guppie

Postby Mike_D » November 14th, 2004, 3:48 pm

Guppie wrote:I walked Robinettes yesterday with a chainsaw and cleared it out. I spoke with somebody at the cider house to get permission and they felt bad for not sending their crew out after the storm.

Should be smooth sailing now.

A world of thanks to you!!!
Mike_D

update

Postby jeffskio » November 21st, 2004, 12:33 am

Thanks for clearing out the downed trees. trail is in good shape except that there is a dead animal on the first loop but you can easily avoid it.
jeffskio

Postby Scotty » December 6th, 2004, 10:33 am

Rode Robinettes on 12/4.

the trail was in pretty good shape, most of it snow free and dry. Wet areas only on the flats in the orchard and the low areas where the trail 'bottoms out'.

Who's the current trail coordinator for that trail? I'd like to suggest a couple of reroutes.
Scotty

Postby Mike_D » December 6th, 2004, 10:44 am

Scotty wrote:Rode Robinettes on 12/4.

the trail was in pretty good shape, most of it snow free and dry. Wet areas only on the flats in the orchard and the low areas where the trail 'bottoms out'.

Who's the current trail coordinator for that trail? I'd like to suggest a couple of reroutes.

Looking at the Robinette's trail guide page - I see that Aaron Smith is the trail coordinator.
Mike_D

Postby John_H » December 6th, 2004, 11:59 am

From what I know - the chapter has recently been attempting to work with the owners to see about working on the trails. I haven't heard if we have been successful. In years past the owners had a policy where they preferred to work on the trails themselves and didn't want the MMBA involved, but that goes back quite a few years.
John_H

Apple Haus

Postby Destroyer » April 1st, 2005, 1:59 am

Robinette's have parking lot closed. Sign posted that says trail will open on the Fool's Day (Today, April 1).

I went sno-shoeing in early March to scope it out. Chainsaw will be needed to ride it unless you can bunny hop a chest high obstacle.
Destroyer

Robinette's Posted to open 15 April

Postby Destroyer » April 6th, 2005, 11:18 pm

I lied. I either misread the sign or it was changed.
Destroyer

Re: Robinette's Posted to open 15 April

Postby seether » April 7th, 2005, 8:46 am

Destroyer wrote:I lied. I either misread the sign or it was changed.

went past robinettes this weekend. they are posting that it will be open on April 15th.

my legs are burning just thinking about it.
If you wish to study a granfalloon, just remove the skin of a toy balloon.?Bokonon
seether

Robinette's open?

Postby Creamy » May 14th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Anyone know the conditions at Robinette's? Are they open yet.
coming down from TC next weekend & want to hit Robinette's & Eygpt Valley/Cannonsburg havent been down in about a year or two. Thanks!
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Creamy

Trail is in poor condition.

Postby captainmorgan61 » June 9th, 2005, 2:59 pm

This trail has gone downhill quickly in the last few years (and not in a good way). The trail is poorly marked, if at all, when another possible route is available. large sections of the trail were overgrown and barely visible. The above would only be annoying. However, heavy machinery and surveyors were scattered through the back half of the trail. Some sections of the trail were even missing due to heavy machinery using it as a pathway. The consultant doing the surveying wouldn't say if they were planning on removing the trail, but I wouldn't expect it to be there in future. In the meantime, they don't seem to have a problem taking your three dollar fee. Just don't take a wrong turn into a dozer.
captainmorgan61

Postby Creamy » June 9th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Ya, I unfortunately discovered the same as above. it's a shame Robinette's used to be pretty cool, it's just a mess now. Probably will be condo's soon anyway.
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Creamy

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions