Western: Robinette's

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Robinettes possibaly being developed!

Postby mudschott » June 12th, 2005, 2:13 pm

I rode the trail last Monday and the 2nd section of the trail was closed off. I went and investigated anyways. It looks as though someone took a bulldozer right through the woods. It looks as though they are going to be putting in a sub division :( Is there anything we can do to preserve the rest of the trail?
mudschott

Postby 2WheeledWarrior » July 6th, 2005, 5:34 am

I went by the orchard the other day. The orchards are off limits, but they have a sign up saying that the mountain bike trail is still open.
I never really liked the course, mainly because of the stretch along East Beltline.
The Motion Initiative
Believers On Mountain Bikes, International
-Our love must be genuine. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9)
2WheeledWarrior

Postby seether » August 7th, 2005, 9:32 am

did 2 loops at robinette's yesterday. the trail is in good shape, if not a little overgrown with a few unmovable deadfalls. a few sandy spots as well. we were expecting to have lost major sections of trail as posted, but there is really only about a quarter mile cut off. and it can still kick your but.

does anyone know what the master plan for development is back there?
If you wish to study a granfalloon, just remove the skin of a toy balloon.?Bokonon
seether

Postby volklgirl » September 19th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Rode the trail on Saturday....it seems to be holding up well. However, the detour around the construction area is NOT well marked, and we got a little lost - ended up doing one section twice on accident. If you hike toward the road at the detour, you can pick up the detoured section of the original trail for a while, then a quick hike up the hill where they've seeded allows you to pick up the rest of the trail.
volklgirl

Postby Guppie » September 26th, 2005, 8:26 pm

^ you aint lying. I rode Sunday (in the rain) and the detour signs blow. Its says detour, then have four different trail forks. Frustrating.
Guppie

Waste of time if you go

Postby mhuiz05 » November 10th, 2005, 8:42 am

The trail is so worn, you can put your tire right down the middle and the grove with just push you around the whole trail. There is also a detour that takes you forever to figure out :x . When mmba.org says avoid, i say go with what they say.
mhuiz05

Re: Waste of time if you go

Postby shortyonagiant » November 10th, 2005, 8:59 am

mhuiz05 wrote:The trail is so worn, you can put your tire right down the middle and the grove with just push you around the whole trail. There is also a detour that takes you forever to figure out :x . When mmba.org says avoid, i say go with what they say.

That's why I ride the ski area instead and it is FREE :D
shortyonagiant

Postby Robert_Baker » November 23rd, 2005, 3:53 pm

Rode the course last night , what a mess, there has to be at least 20 blown down's that require a dismount and hike'a'bike. I will cut out the tree's if we can get permission, anyone know who to contact?
Robert_Baker

Postby nate.phelps » November 24th, 2005, 8:41 am

In the past it only involved asking at the cider house.
Assume it is the same now.
nate.phelps

Postby Guppie » November 28th, 2005, 10:53 pm

I just called the cider house and asked if they mind me walking the trial iwth a chainsaw. They didn't care. That was last year. I used to like this trail but would rather drive 15 minutes longer to Yankee.
Guppie

Postby 2WheeledWarrior » March 8th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Last night, a friend and I walked the trail with some saws and found a ton of downed trees.
The condition of the trail itself is horrible...I wouldn't even walk it right now, it's so muddy and icy in the bad areas.
Ray and I cut down about 6 trees, but there are more, plenty more, that are down and they are too big for hand saws.
Anyone have a chainsaw?

We also need to mark the route better, but did see some effort by someone to that effect from before we got there.
The Motion Initiative
Believers On Mountain Bikes, International
-Our love must be genuine. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9)
2WheeledWarrior

Trail cleared at Robinettes

Postby rpasschier » April 1st, 2006, 3:38 pm

The Robinettes trail has been cleared of downed trees, save for two huge ones we could not saw through. The reroute has been more clearly defined. Thanks for the help Ken and Adam.

www.milkjugracing.com
rpasschier

Postby seether » May 8th, 2006, 9:32 am

Trail is in great shape, although we could probably collect 4 full bags of garbage from the stretch along the beltline. there is only one down tree towards the end; the steep drop down the gully is suprisingly rideable.

For as tough as the climbs are, (or as short as the intervals...) this trail has great flow. Always a good hard ride.

Thanks to the person that marked the detour.
If you wish to study a granfalloon, just remove the skin of a toy balloon.?Bokonon
seether

Postby killercarbon98 » May 19th, 2006, 8:24 pm

I agree about the trash. Plus looks like this place was built on a dump back in middle. Is it?
Went out today thinking it would be worse than it was. Rained all night. Need to get the word out its still open. the grassy areas are almost completely grown over.(no trail) The trail really needs some trim'n. lots of blind spots,lots of over growth. spent some time breaking back some branches with some serious spikes. Slick on a couple clay/mud ups but should dry fast. Wish they turn it over to MMBA.
killercarbon98

Postby gfbiker » July 16th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Yes, Robinette's does have some fallen
trees, and some spots that are just out
of control....but in a good way. I love it,
its more technical and challenging. And
i didnt really notice much trash at all,
except for in that big valley
gfbiker

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions