Western: Luton Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby TenSpeed » June 4th, 2011, 8:58 am

White or orange, that is one sweet bike!
User avatar
TenSpeed
 
Posts: 1262
Joined: September 15th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: Mid-State

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby web79 » June 10th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Rockford get much rain? Trails ok???
User avatar
web79
 
Posts: 16
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: Jenison

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby RickPlite » June 10th, 2011, 1:30 pm

web79 wrote:Rockford get much rain? Trails ok???


I would avoid the trails today but Saturday afternoon should be ok
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby ignition16 » June 13th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Trails are in awesome shape. A lot of the long grass got cut tonight to preserve your shins. (Thanks to whoever was doing that!)
ignition16
 
Posts: 65
Joined: July 17th, 2009, 10:16 pm
Location: Hudsonville

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby web79 » June 14th, 2011, 12:24 am

Really good tonight too,FAST!! :D
User avatar
web79
 
Posts: 16
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: Jenison

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby jrshome » June 15th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Going to be in the area for work tomorrow, was thinking of hitting this trail on my way home. After a night of rain, and possibly some more tomorrow, what kind of conditions can I expect. Should I just forget it?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
-- Carl Zwanzig
User avatar
jrshome
 
Posts: 428
Joined: May 14th, 2005, 7:51 pm
Location: Farmington Hills

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby cramer » June 16th, 2011, 8:36 am

jrshome wrote:Going to be in the area for work tomorrow, was thinking of hitting this trail on my way home. After a night of rain, and possibly some more tomorrow, what kind of conditions can I expect. Should I just forget it?


We really didn't get that much rain out here yesterday and it doesn't look too bad today. My guess is it will be fine.
User avatar
cramer
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Location: Cannonsburg

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby jrshome » June 16th, 2011, 10:24 am

cramer wrote:
jrshome wrote:Going to be in the area for work tomorrow, was thinking of hitting this trail on my way home. After a night of rain, and possibly some more tomorrow, what kind of conditions can I expect. Should I just forget it?


We really didn't get that much rain out here yesterday and it doesn't look too bad today. My guess is it will be fine.


Thanks!
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
-- Carl Zwanzig
User avatar
jrshome
 
Posts: 428
Joined: May 14th, 2005, 7:51 pm
Location: Farmington Hills

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby hillj28 » June 22nd, 2011, 8:07 am

Did the trail get much rain yesterday? Think it's ok to ride tonight?
hillj28
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 31st, 2011, 11:52 am

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby Mike_D » June 22nd, 2011, 8:48 am

hillj28 wrote:Did the trail get much rain yesterday? Think it's ok to ride tonight?


Looking at the NOAA storm total precipitation map this morning, it appears as though the east side of town received 1 to 1-1/2" of rain from the storms yesterday and with more storms in the forecast today along with more rain forecast for tomorrow and Friday, we'll be lucky to ride it by Sunday IMO...... You need to give it at least a day to dry out depending on the amount of rain received and if there is wind and sun to dry things out.
User avatar
Mike_D
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: March 29th, 2004, 11:22 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby RickPlite » June 22nd, 2011, 9:15 am

mntn-biker wrote:
hillj28 wrote:Did the trail get much rain yesterday? Think it's ok to ride tonight?


Looking at the NOAA storm total precipitation map this morning, it appears as though the east side of town received 1 to 1-1/2" of rain from the storms yesterday and with more storms in the forecast today along with more rain forecast for tomorrow and Friday, we'll be lucky to ride it by Sunday IMO...... You need to give it at least a day to dry out depending on the amount of rain received and if there is wind and sun to dry things out.


I live 6 miles away and received 2" last night, so it would be best to wait until it drys
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby web79 » June 25th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Anybody try rideing luton today?? Might do a sunday afternoon ride.
User avatar
web79
 
Posts: 16
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: Jenison

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby RickPlite » June 26th, 2011, 9:07 am

web79 wrote:Anybody try rideing luton today?? Might do a sunday afternoon ride.

should be ok today
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby ReidRules18 » July 9th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Luton is fast and hardpack!

But I am slow...
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money"-Cree Indian
User avatar
ReidRules18
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: May 26th, 2003, 9:26 pm
Location: Grand Rapids!

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby firefighterdirt » July 10th, 2011, 10:14 am

ReidRules18 wrote:Luton is fast and hardpack!

But I am slow...


Had a great ride there Sat afternoon too.
CUSTER CYCLERY RACING www.custercyclery.com
User avatar
firefighterdirt
 
Posts: 514
Joined: September 18th, 2005, 9:38 pm
Location: Battle Creek,MI

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron