Northern: Other trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby ROAD5 » May 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm

The app is MTB project. Clearly it does not have all the trails on it though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
ROAD5
 
Posts: 8
Joined: March 12th, 2016, 10:24 am

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby ROAD5 » May 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Irish57 wrote:No Lake Ann is in a different area than Lost Lake. Lost lake is about 6 miles long.
Where is Lake Ann?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
ROAD5
 
Posts: 8
Joined: March 12th, 2016, 10:24 am

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Steve_Balogh » May 16th, 2019, 4:02 pm

ROAD5 wrote:
Irish57 wrote:No Lake Ann is in a different area than Lost Lake. Lost lake is about 6 miles long.
Where is Lake Ann?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk


Reynolds Road, between Almira and Interlochen
User avatar
Steve_Balogh
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: June 22nd, 2002, 7:29 pm
Location: Almira TWP /Traverse City

Palmer Woods

Postby Steve_Balogh » June 16th, 2019, 5:25 pm

https://sb.smugmug.com/Sports/Random-Fa ... -2pJTgjB/A

Rode Palmer Woods for the first time, there happened to be a skills clinic going on at the time, but was able to do three laps with no issues. Trail is in great shape. Even though only around 3 miles are completed, it’s got around 430 feet of elevation. Racked up over 1300 feet of climbing. Not sure how accurate Strava is there, the cell phone doesn’t work well there, so it’s good to let someone else know where you are riding at. I also had issues with satellite radio. I was getting around 2.5 miles, but the trailhead kiosk says it’s more like 3.2. Glad to find something a bit more technical near where I now live. The trail somewhat has the same vibe as DTE, should be fantastic when the remaining miles are finished. I could do half of the sections marked difficult. Noticed on my last lap someone was hitting their brakes on the roller section. Not necessary, wasn’t any damage but it’s disappointing to see skid marks in a section like that.
User avatar
Steve_Balogh
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: June 22nd, 2002, 7:29 pm
Location: Almira TWP /Traverse City

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby AllMountin' » June 18th, 2019, 7:40 am

Did NCT over the weekend, Dilling to Marilla(and back). Rained a lot, but the trail was perfect. Lumberjack bikes were muddy, same time, so this trail loves the rain.

I highly recommend riding it this direction, from the tippy dam end. Gets the harder climbing out of the way on the way out, and Coates to Dilling on the return seems like mostly descending.

Coates to Dilling was in great shape, with no deadfall. Coates to Marilla had a handful of trees down. Overall great shape. We did 35 miles and 4,200 feet of climbing(out and back to hodenpyl dam added on). Just phenomenal riding in non typical Michigan terrain. Image
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
User avatar
AllMountin'
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: November 26th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby DynoDon » June 18th, 2019, 11:43 am

more pics would be nice,, that is a great trail, i have to get back up there...
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 736
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby ROAD5 » June 18th, 2019, 3:09 pm

AllMountin' wrote:Did NCT over the weekend, Dilling to Marilla(and back). Rained a lot, but the trail was perfect. Lumberjack bikes were muddy, same time, so this trail loves the rain.

I highly recommend riding it this direction, from the tippy dam end. Gets the harder climbing out of the way on the way out, and Coates to Dilling on the return seems like mostly descending.

Coates to Dilling was in great shape, with no deadfall. Coates to Marilla had a handful of trees down. Overall great shape. We did 35 miles and 4,200 feet of climbing(out and back to hodenpyl dam added on). Just phenomenal riding in non typical Michigan terrain. Image
Where exactly is this?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
ROAD5
 
Posts: 8
Joined: March 12th, 2016, 10:24 am

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby crustaceous_flora » June 18th, 2019, 3:47 pm

^ NCT Marilla trailhead. The best trail in the lower peninsula.
crustaceous_flora
 
Posts: 74
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby AllMountin' » June 20th, 2019, 10:40 pm

44.302533, -85.870714

I don't know how exact that is, but it's an optional lookout trail at the high point of a climb from pole road toward Marilla.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
User avatar
AllMountin'
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: November 26th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests