Northern: Other trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby amadkins » August 5th, 2007, 4:37 pm

Rode here while on vacation in TC. If you took the Blue Loop at Island Lake and removed all the hills and obstacles, this is what you'd have. It was pretty boring, but pushing hard in the big chain ring will at least get you burning.
amadkins

Marquette Mountain Blue Loop

Postby daurand » August 13th, 2007, 3:03 pm

YIKES!! Trail is in great condition, but I'm not.
Blew out a tire in the first mile. My son blew one at the end of the loop.
Lots of rock on the north and west sides!!! Son's friend ran off the path a few times, but the trees stopped his fall :shock: . I went over the handle bars once :oops: , but mostly landed on my feet.

This was an actual MOUNTAIN to bike on. That is a lot of work for us flat ground trolls.

Can't wait to get back :!:
I fear Teeter Totters.
daurand

Boyne riding

Postby ride_like_the_wind_kindof » August 21st, 2007, 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone,
Can someone please give me some info. on Boyne Mtn.? Is it hard to get on since it is a private trail? I am riding the 25th and 26th of this month and would love any tips you can give me...anyone going to the concert this Saturday? Thanks...
Paul
ride_like_the_wind_kindof

Postby fattyclark » August 29th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Wow the trail was in good shape at lets to me it did. This was my first time up here on this trail and I so got to come up for a week of camping and do more of this trail.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby MI_99XPL » September 5th, 2007, 11:54 am

I rode the VASA trail for the 1st time on 9-3-07 and loved it. I thought for sure there would be more sand, but it wasn't bad at all. It was mostly in the open areas where the sun had a change to dry out the soil more.

My thanks to the group that maintains this trail! The trail markings make it easy for the 1st timers, like me, not to get lost. Nice job!
MI_99XPL

Norway Ridge Pathway

Postby dkm3870 » September 21st, 2007, 5:55 am

This is a great trail for beginners and more experienced riders looking for some beautiful woodlands to ride in. Lots of tall pine trees and birches. The trail is very well marked. It says it is 10 miles long if you do all of it, but my odometer only registered 7.5. An easy, fun ride.
dkm3870

Postby skiracer » September 23rd, 2007, 6:43 pm

The High Country Pathway is in great shape from Osmun Rd. south and east all the way to Clear Lake State Park!
skiracer

Postby SPAMINATOR » October 15th, 2007, 12:33 am

Currently sections of the trail are badly overgrown and have deadfall on it. Watch the blue dots so you don't get lost. :? 8)
Spam, the food of the HCP, where the weak are killed and eaten.
SPAMINATOR

HCP Fall ride

Postby DownRiverRat » October 15th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Counter Clockwise: Tomahawk Creek Flooding to Pigeon River Bridge is pretty clear, only a few down trees here and there. The section from Black River RD to Centerline seemed to be the worst. No real overgrowth to speak of. Ferns have died off (yahoo!!). Fall colors were awsome, trail was great. Hope to make it back up next year!! :)

Personaly, I coldn't belive the MTBer's out numbered the hunters in the camp ground almost 2 to 1!!!! CRAZY!!

bryan

ps. my riding buddy and I stopped to clear several down trees along the way (only what we could pick up, no saw :oops: ) ....next time??) Can you put us in for 1/2hr each of trail maintance. I'll PM whoever responds with our personal info if needed. Just want to make sure it gets counted. Thanks.
I say let the haters hate and the riders...ride. RIDE ON!!!!
DownRiverRat

Swedetown

Postby elsievo » October 25th, 2007, 9:28 am

Rick and I have the new Two Hoots Too segment in a ridable condition. (Still have about 1/4 mile of finish work on the tread. This is the last project for the season as the snow may be here in a a couple of weeks. It is our typical production of twisty singletrack that as the crow flies it's a 1/4 mile on bike . . . 3/4 of a mile.

Those of you familiar with the trails, it connects from the Back Country Trail near the Green Ski Trail intersection, it will take you to an intersection with the Applesauce "Prequel". At that intersection go left to return to the chalet, right will take you out on the Applesauce toward the South Side and Burly Trails.

Enjoy!
Marc
aka Mattockman
___
A practicing Creationist . . . because trails are not a product of evolution.
elsievo

Postby steve82 » March 17th, 2008, 7:47 am

Can anyone tell me about the downhill trail at Boyne?

Is it good and fast?

When will it open?

Big air?

Thanks
steve82

Boyne

Postby beerman » March 26th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Contact James or Christian at Lat 45 bike shop in Petosky. Their website is www.latitude45.com Also a great place to stop and check out
beerman

Vasa Single Track

Postby marilla man » April 15th, 2008, 7:05 am

Took a ride last night. Only a little snow left at the very beginning and at the Vasa Trail crossings. There is the usual spring debris, and one or two large trees down on the trail. I will try to get out with a saw and remove the large trees asap. Other than that it's good to ride :!:
marilla man

Postby deranged_yeti » April 16th, 2008, 8:56 am

Good deal, I'm going to get some riding in out there next week.
deranged_yeti

Postby MudShine » April 19th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Vasa marked singletrack - I didn't exactly ride the entire loop, but what I did ride was nice. Sandy spots are still under control at this point... even the powerline riding was firm, well, firm enough for some fun in my opinion! Did I just say powerlines & fun in the same line? ugh. It has been a long winter. :) I rode lots of dirt roads around there, they are in typical condition as well with plenty of squirrels & gun shots?!?! They were startling to me tonight. :P
Don't look back, something may be gaining on you.
Northern MMBA cat wrangler & secretary
MudShine

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions