Midstate: Jailhouse Trail (Ithaca)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby volklgirl » June 21st, 2006, 2:05 pm

Has anyone been out lately? Is it still a muddy, buggy mess??
volklgirl

Postby volklgirl » August 7th, 2006, 12:26 pm

WOW!!!!!

What a change from when I rode it last year. Big Thank You to whoever did all the grooming and built the 'bypasses' :wink: . Also it's great to see the triple creek swoopies back (they've been bypassed the last 2 or 3 times I've been out there). The trail has gone from being 'sorta interesting' to 'pretty darn cool'!

Again,
Thanks, Ithaca Trail Crew!!!
volklgirl

Ithaca Jailhouse 8-16-06

Postby Jake168 » August 15th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Rode the Jailhouse trail today--It was great--this trail rocks--or should I say roots--it has some, but lots of fun twists if not a lot of hills. Will definately go back--this trail is in good shape!! Thanks to whoever has worked on it! Jake168
Jake168

Jailhouse Conditions

Postby fitz » January 18th, 2007, 3:26 pm

The Jailhouse is frozen and snowcovered. 1st .5 mi is packed and fairly easy riding. After that only 1 track but it is rideable with no downed trees in the way. The flatness of the trail makes it a pretty good winter ride but it is the Jailhouse so be prepared for thorns! Hope to see Ya out there.
fitz

Postby fitz » April 19th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Please stay off. Walked the first half mile tonight and I would call it unridable. Riding it would result in DEEP trenches. If anyone is interested in doing some trail maintanence let me know. Free most week nights after 5:30, I work across the road from the trail!
fitz

Very soft

Postby murraydrew » May 14th, 2007, 9:03 am

Rode the trail for the first time on 5-12. I could ride the whole trail but several parts were soft. Best if not used for a week or two. The trail is a nice ride nothing to hard. Many log piles make it a bit more exciting.
murraydrew

Postby fitz » May 22nd, 2007, 6:57 pm

Jailhouse is in great shape!!! Come on out and ride.
fitz

great trail

Postby co_coe » June 7th, 2007, 7:13 am

Rode for the first time last night, what a great trail. Met two of the local riders, one hooked me up with a new tube after my front when down three miles into the ride. Everyone should ride this trail if they get a chance.
co_coe

Postby sngltrack » June 30th, 2007, 7:58 am

Rode yesterday and the trail (and surroundings) were bone-dry, something I've never seen there before. That meant less skeeter bites when I lodged a stick in my gears! There were I couple more optional log piles, and well built I might add, than I remember from last year. Someone had recently done some weed wacking, a little more might be needed soon. Overall the trail is in great shape.

Someone has obviously spent some time out there, how come nobody is listed as the trail coordinator. Thank you to whoever you are!
'Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.' -Better Off Dead
sngltrack

Jailhouse

Postby hubedogg » September 20th, 2007, 12:17 pm

Jailhouse is in great shape. Get out and ride! If your riding at sunset beware of the roosting turkeys. They will scare the crap out of you!.
hubedogg

Postby tcb » September 20th, 2007, 12:22 pm

I have to go out that way in the near future, maybe I'll check this trail out.
tcb

Postby volklgirl » September 22nd, 2007, 10:25 pm

tcb wrote:I have to go out that way in the near future, maybe I'll check this trail out.

We'll be out there Noonish on 10/6 for an intermediate ride/clinic.....come on out and we'll show you around. After that we'll be heading to Greenville to hit the Shearer Road trail, and possibly Edward's Creek.
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby Team Fatburger » September 25th, 2007, 8:24 am

The trail will be closed on that day for the Department of Corrections/Saginaw County Swat man hunt exercises. Please refrain from riding on that day since we do not want any cilivans injured.
Team Fatburger

Jailhouse Trail

Postby MikeBl » October 14th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Rode it twice on the way up to Canadian Lakes. Easy but fun trail. 1st time on a trail is always interesting. Would not classify as a must do, but it was on the way and definately broke up the car ride. Excellent condition, marked very well, covered with leaves, but what would one expect this time of the year.
MikeBl

Postby printenv » March 17th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Anyone have any idea how this trail is? I am going to my in-laws this weekend and this is a couple miles away. If it is in good enough condition I would love to be able to hit it.
"One has to be able to adapt to the unexpected, laugh at the absurdly difficult, and find some level of enjoyment at even the toughest times." -- Kurt Refsnider
printenv

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions