Poto: Morton-Taylor Trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Morton-Taylor Trails

Postby JeeperJay » October 10th, 2019, 6:21 pm

I will be traveling to the Canton sports complex this weekend for my daughters tournament. Will these trails be rideable? I would love to sneak a ride in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JeeperJay

Postby Anthony.bence » December 29th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Hi all, I was curious if a kids group was ever started? I’ve been bringing my boys (5 & 7) to the Morton Taylor trails since the summer, and if it works around other sports. I think it would be something they would be interested in. They’ve also been asking to come out on any of the trail maintenance days. So that is something we would be interested in joining and helping out with as well.
Thanks
Anthony.bence

Postby DynoDon » December 31st, 2019, 6:11 am

Howdy Antohony,, below on this page is a link to Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association (MISCA) many schools have teams, I'm not sure about the program, I know they ride/race on local trails, as far as trail days, not sure about Morton Taylor trails, MMBA is adding/working on the trails at Hines Park every year, there is a few new sections there this year, including a pump track/Mountain bike skills park, just west of Merriman on Hines Drive, a new section at Ann Arbor Trail behind the old Nankin Bar, and there are plenty more trails between Merriman, an I 275. Those are all maintained, and drain better then Morton Taylor. Hope that helps. Oh there is a trail guide at the top of the General Section, its not up to date, but pretty good.
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby trailHED » August 20th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Yesterday the trails were in the best shape I think I’ve ever seen them. Every one was well manicured, tech features repaired and no mud. Thanks to whoever has been busting their a$$! One big tree down on buckshaver near the south west entrance.
trailHED

Postby guidobri » October 12th, 2020, 11:46 am

Have been running and biking the trail a lot lately. It’s been pretty dang dry and well maintained. Never too busy when I’m there so I can take my time. People who get confused with the trails, I highly recommend walking/running the trails in order to familiarize with the layout. It helped me out a ton!
RIDE GIANTS
guidobri

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions