Poto: Morton-Taylor Trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Morton-Taylor Trails

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » July 6th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Sorry I realize super short notice but a few of us are meeting in the
main lot tomorrow morning (7/7) at 10am to do some general trimming if interested in helping?
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » July 8th, 2018, 9:48 am

I met Carl Loomis, Patrick Collins and Mike Robertson in the trailhead parking lot (Rich Faunce showed up a little later) at 10am on a beautiful day.
Rich put another last grace band aid on the BS bridge and did a lot of necessary trimming that the mowers couldn't reach.

Carl brought two hungry Billy Goat brush hogs and him and Patrick did some much needed mowing on the South loop and parts of the East and Crooked Vulture sections.
Mike and I concentrated on finishing Buckshaver and Dragon's Tail sections which I had started earlier in the week. It was pretty thick back there and needed some shock and awe!

We got alot accomplished and thank you to all of you decated trail guys that showed up to make a difference.

We will be out there again next Saturday if anyone wants to help. There are many log piles that need to be rebuilt,
face slappers always grow back and I'm sure the pumptrack could use some help.
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Postby jmf003 » August 13th, 2018, 9:05 am

Looking for some local knowledge. Would the trail heading east from the trailhead to the I-275 bike path be rideable on a road bike?

I recall it being a fairly smooth trail surface but haven't been on it in several years.

Thanks!
jmf003

Postby WICCMB » August 14th, 2018, 8:43 am

jmf003 wrote:Looking for some local knowledge. Would the trail heading east from the trailhead to the I-275 bike path be rideable on a road bike?

I recall it being a fairly smooth trail surface but haven't been on it in several years.

Thanks!

You could ride it on a road bike, but it is soft in places, and gravelly in other places.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby jmf003 » August 14th, 2018, 12:51 pm

WICCMB wrote:
jmf003 wrote:Looking for some local knowledge. Would the trail heading east from the trailhead to the I-275 bike path be rideable on a road bike?

Thanks!

You could ride it on a road bike, but it is soft in places, and gravelly in other places.

Thanks!!
jmf003

Postby vertigo12369 » October 13th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Walked dragon's tail, West loop, east loop?, and cooked vulture today. Removed some deadfall on cooked vulture. Trails were quite muddy - kids had fun. Plan to ride it tomorrow when weather is warmer.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
vertigo12369

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions