Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby reidabel » May 14th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Thanks for all the hard work, Ron, Matt, and Steve!
reidabel

Postby bockrona » June 7th, 2017, 9:57 am

Anderson Park is riding great right now and the West Lansing Trail across the river is riding well also. Put them together and you're looking at about 15 miles on the western edge of Lansing.

West Lansing Trail is still young and needs riders to break it in.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby bockrona » June 21st, 2017, 11:14 am

It's that time of year again.

Calling all weed whips, machetes, pruners, clippers, and any implement you have to help cut back overgrowth.
The Blue loop and second half of Red are the worst as usual.
You can use the emergency two-track to access the river and the second half of Red or Blue pretty easily.

No formal event is planned at the moment, but anyone is welcome to head on out and spend a little time pushing back against Mother Nature.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby jlmajeske » July 5th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Just rode it today, looks like someone was out there with a weed whip :) Trail was in great shape, a few whippers starting to come out but overall a great ride.
jlmajeske

Postby bockrona » July 10th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Yes, parts of Red and Blue have been whipped and most of the log jumps on Green have been refreshed.

Still some whipping to do and low hangers that need pruning and overgrowth is a continual problem.

Trail is riding great at the moment.

Thank you to all that spend their time contributing to the Trails.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby centralRH » September 27th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Caution on a low hanging leaner on the red loop as you head back toward the trail head from the river. You can get under it but not by much. Also, a small tree down on the green loop near the end.

Trail is riding well. I'm really enjoying night rides in reverse. It feels like a totally different trail after hundreds of miles in the standard direction.
centralRH

Postby centralRH » October 13th, 2017, 6:33 am

BIG tree down on the Blue loop near the first hill. The low leaner described above has gotten lower. You can barely get under it while riding now. Also, a mess of vines, branches, etc is in the way near the end of the green loop before the section up and down the hill.

Trail was firm with little mud except the berm on the red loop. Someone recently did some work (adding a jump?) and it hadn't setup since the rain. I didn't get a good look at what was going on as I was riding at night. I just know I came around the berm like usual and nearly got stuck in clay coming out. I didn't have time to go back and check it out.
centralRH

Postby SteveF » October 13th, 2017, 7:18 am

centralRH wrote:BIG tree down on the Blue loop near the first hill. The low leaner described above has gotten lower. You can barely get under it while riding now. Also, a mess of vines, branches, etc is in the way near the end of the green loop before the section up and down the hill.

Trail was firm with little mud except the berm on the red loop. Someone recently did some work (adding a jump?) and it hadn't setup since the rain. I didn't get a good look at what was going on as I was riding at night. I just know I came around the berm like usual and nearly got stuck in clay coming out. I didn't have time to go back and check it out.

Yeah, that mess on red needs attention but it isn't a 1-man job imo. Sounds like a mess on green, too! I can bring my saw to help out if another feller or two wants to give it a go sometime soon!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions