Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby SteveF » July 31st, 2014, 12:59 pm

ajbaudoux wrote:Are there any weekly ride groups in the area?

Some in the chapter forum:

viewforum.php?f=40
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby SteveF » March 18th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Cool, thanks Ron-might get out there sunday morning!
SteveF

Postby SteveF » May 8th, 2015, 6:49 am

Don't forget bug spray--lots of deer means lots of deer ticks which means (potentially) lyme disease...
SteveF

Postby bockrona » May 27th, 2015, 3:22 pm

I have been absent from the woods for a while now, so thank you to all those that are doing work and clearing out there. Kids soccer season is over and the laundry room redux is pretty much done, so hoping to get out there for some rides and work soon.

As stated earlier, the growing season is in full swing and all are welcome to take a lap and do some trimming. There are portions out there that get pretty overgrown and are difficult to keep up with, so we could use all the help we can get.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby bockrona » June 21st, 2015, 2:17 pm

Rode this morning. Trail is in good shape. Some wet spots and a lot of overgrowth. Bring your trimmers.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » March 23rd, 2016, 7:56 am

Y'okay-that was hard work--those thorny, viney thickets are ridiculous! I think I got everything cut back enough for the time being. I ran out of daylight before I got the chainsaw out, there are three trees worthy of attention, two on red, one on blue. On red, one is on the ground just before the left turn to go over the two manmade drops (shortly before the banked turn and exit to the parking lot at the cabled-off emergency vehicles entrance) The 2nd is a leaner on red just past the climb right after the log over exit to the road and green loop. The one on blue is after the intersection with red, just past where you cross the two track and before the nifty little log over with the wedge cut ramp. Hope that's clear enough-ask if not. If the rain holds off this evening I may try to get over there to deal with them so please post if anyone gets to them today...
SteveF

Postby SteveF » January 30th, 2017, 9:45 am

Rode here Saturday-frozen dirt for the most part. Some frozen ruts here and there from a skinny tired rider that got out when it was a little thaw-ey. And one or two slick corners from that weird frozen/frothy/friable dirt that acts like ball bearings under your tires. Strange phenomenon-I've not seen it before. One tree across the trail chest-high on red, a bit past the log-rollover exit to green. It was a good ride!
SteveF

Postby vanwas » February 10th, 2017, 2:05 pm

Rode this today on my 29er skinny. Not any PR's, but a fun ride non the less.

Overall, the ground is frozen solid. No tracks left other than where there was snow. Through all three loops, there are random ruts from bikes that were through when it was a bit warmer. A couple of the ruts on the red loop are at rather inconvenient locations (mid turn) but still easily avoidable while staying on the trail.

Blue Loop: By far the fastest for me today. Almost all frozen dirt with approx 20% snow.

Red Loop: 60% snow covered. Most of the wood playthings are clear and dry with the exception of the skinnys headed into the playground. Took the first drop and the landing was a bit... slick. The climb shared by the blue and the red loop has snow covered ice near the top.

Green Loop: 10-15% snow covered, otherwise mostly clear. There is a bit of ice under the leaves which created a bit of.. fun? The shorter section at the end (across the street) has been well ridden. While snow covered, I had no trouble with traction thanks to the trail being well groomed by riders.
vanwas

Postby vanwas » April 14th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Walked parts of the red and green loops today. The playground as well as almost all of the low area on the green loop are very muddy if not flooded. The photos are from the playground area.

Also, one of the boards on the table-top/ramp on the playground is broken.

Looking forward to it drying out. Does anyone know if there is an official trail day to work on this one?

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/d4ee6badeff4722ee34bd8f4fb8af223.jpg[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/89720359a6dff369cf147343d6d781f2.jpg[/img]
vanwas

Postby bockrona » April 18th, 2017, 11:55 am

Word on the street is there may be a couple trees down. Please post up if you know where.

Also, trail is drying out but still a little wet in places. We plan to have a better idea of how wet it remains later this week.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » April 19th, 2017, 7:59 am

Trees are both on red, one a bit past the red/blue intersection, the other toward the back, after the ravine dip. The first is bigger with lots of those damned vines, the 2nd, just a couple of small fallen tress tangled together. I may try to get to them at some point soon, so post up (here or FB) if you get to them first.

The trail was 99+% dry, though there are 2-3 damp spots, there's nothing that will leave ruts. Though there are plenty of ruts here and there that were made when things were wetter. And with the rain today and tomorrow, we'll be set back again. Ah spring, you tease!
SteveF

Postby bockrona » April 19th, 2017, 8:14 am

Thank you Steve.

Hoping to get out there this weekend, but not sure yet. Otherwise, Monday evening looks pretty good.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby MFawley » April 24th, 2017, 5:09 pm

First tree mess is done. And i got the stick crossing draining so hopefully it will dry out in a few days. Did not get to the viney mess past the red blue split.
MFawley

Postby SteveF » April 26th, 2017, 8:25 am

Viney mess is gotten to. Also the tree that fell after that! Trail's good to go, fallen tree wise. A damp patch or two around, mainly on green, and the stick-filled gully on red is wet but passable...
SteveF

Postby bockrona » May 11th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Trail has been cleaned and cleared and is in good shape.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions