Poto: Rolling Hills Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Rolling Hills Park

Postby michael48197 » June 5th, 2017, 6:48 am

After 6 1/2 hours and 11+ miles of manhandling the brush hog, the North Meadow and West Meadow loops and last section headed to the waterpark were all mowed on Saturday. It has certainly been a wet and warm spring with some areas like the Amazon with grass and flowers growing chest high!!!
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Postby michael48197 » July 12th, 2017, 9:06 pm

ROLLING HILLS PARK (Ypsilanti): There will be a trail maintenance day on Saturday 7/15 from 9 AM to 2 PM. I'll be mowing the West and North Meadow loops with Poto MBA brush hog. I could use some help with trimming and brush wacking especially along the wire fence of the North Meadow loop. I have a Stihl 90R with hedge trimmer head that someone could use.

Please PM me here if you can make it. Let's plan to meet at 9 AM in the sports field parking lot on the north loop of the park road. If there is someone attending at the park gate when you arrive, tell them you will be doing MTB trail maintenance and they should let you in the park free of charge.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Postby michael48197 » August 4th, 2017, 8:47 am

ROLLING HILLS PARK (Ypsilanti): There will be a trail maintenance day on Saturday 8/5 from 9 AM to 2 PM. My apologies for the last minute notice, but my schedule just opened up and weather is now going to be great for tomorrow.

I'll be mowing parts of the first 3 miles of the trail with Poto MBA brush hog. I could use some help with trimming and brush wacking especially in areas of the West Meadow and the bluff overlooking the pond at ~1.3 miles. I have a Stihl 90R with hedge trimmer head that someone could use.

Please PM me here or on the Poto MBA page on the MMBA website if you can make it. Let's plan to meet at 9 AM in the main parking lot in front of The Lodge. If there is someone attending at the park gate when you arrive, tell them you will be doing MTB trail maintenance and they should let you in the park free of charge.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Postby michael48197 » November 18th, 2017, 8:33 am

REMINDER: For those that have already done so, thanks for signing up to attend the 9th Annual Poto MBA Black Friday Ride at Rolling Hills and Hewens Creek Parks in Ypsilanti this coming Friday, November 24 which is being sponsored by Wheels in Motion. So far, we have 43 people officially registered on EventBrite and 35 or so indicating they are participating on FB. In order to get an accurate head count, please remind your friends and fellow riders to sign up on EventBrite by this Wednesday, November 22 by 2 PM as we need to order pizza and shop for beverages at that time.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/9th-annual ... 9?aff=eac2

The weather forecast looks promising at the moment for a nice late fall ride. Looking forward to your participation in our event on Friday.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Postby Steve_Balogh » December 10th, 2017, 3:55 pm

Tree down near the start. I went back to my car for my hand saw and cut it out, was only about 1.5” thick but the numerous branches it was not rideable. All clear. Great solid conditions otherwise, skinny bikes were out there.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Steve_Balogh » January 15th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Tree down about a 100 feet in from where the trail begins. It's elevated enough where you can lift your bike over and crawl under. Snowed during my entire ride, I used studs. The most ice I saw was in the open meadows, the main trail was pretty good, I could not tell much about the mounds. When I finished the snow was starting to cover my tracks. Just me and a runner were out there.
Steve_Balogh

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions