CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby Trance » July 16th, 2019, 7:14 am

JahkneeFive wrote:I did pull a few small thorns out of my rear tire from riding the red loop section under the powerlines, so tube runners be ware.l

Ahh ... maybe that is where my mystery flat came from ... rode 2 laps, then she was sitting on the rim 2 days later in the garage.
Trance

Postby JahkneeFive » July 16th, 2019, 1:04 pm

ah well then I feel much better about myself now. After my sphincter relaxed from having to slam on the brakes and fred flinstone myself to safety I scratched my head for a good 15 minutes wondering how on earth someone navigated that while remaining dry and able to reproduce. Perhaps a big "Wrong Way" or "Do Not Enter" sign is merited? based on the flow preceeding, it seemed like a logical path to me. Then again maybe normal sane people don't need to be warned its not a mtb trail :roll:

I was really impressed how much trail was able to be crammed into that small footprint. Truly amazing use of terrain. Looks like that place would lend itself perfectly to more raised platforms and skills creation muhahahah
JahkneeFive

Postby c0nsumer » July 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm

JahkneeFive wrote:ah well then I feel much better about myself now. After my sphincter relaxed from having to slam on the brakes and fred flinstone myself to safety I scratched my head for a good 15 minutes wondering how on earth someone navigated that while remaining dry and able to reproduce. Perhaps a big "Wrong Way" or "Do Not Enter" sign is merited? based on the flow preceeding, it seemed like a logical path to me. Then again maybe normal sane people don't need to be warned its not a mtb trail :roll:

There'll be a sign at the left-turn just before that which is where the regular trail route goes. This section just isn't done yet and we haven't had a chance to install the signage.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Brenton » July 22nd, 2019, 8:30 pm

Rode late evening, trail had quite a few wet spots after Nessie. Large tree down on the drag strip. Definitely requires a saw.
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

Postby wrob » July 30th, 2019, 10:53 am

There's water & mud on the yellow, blue & red good, dusty powder gone for now,
tree down just past #13, one cut with hand saw may be enough.
wrob

Postby Steve_Kinley » August 1st, 2019, 12:12 pm

MiSCA will be holding a race on the trails Sep 29th. I would expect that a lot of scholastic MTB teams will be visiting the trail in preparation for the race. Please be courteous if passing or being passed.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby wrob » August 1st, 2019, 1:20 pm

I i' m riding down now to clear the down tree on the BTT..
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » August 1st, 2019, 1:20 pm

wrob wrote:I i' m riding down now to clear the down tree on the BTT..

Thanks Rob!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions