CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby wrob » April 8th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Mostly great, a little wet but not bad below #5 and after the 9 dirt rollers, i cleared the fallen tree on the green 2 track, lot's of people on that today.
wrob

Postby wrob » April 9th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Matt and i cut and split more logs for that small muddy spot near the RR/ powerline tower area on the CK.we'll see how that works out.
wrob

Postby wrob » April 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Today it's good to go, a couple soft spots after #13 but rideable, i'll cut the remainder of the fallen tree after #13, However....there's a Large tree down just before the downhill at #16 , multiple chain saw cuts required and maybe additional help needed.....EDIT..... i went back to the #16 large fallen tree, met Albert & Syd, 2 young strong construction workers, they used my recip saw and (safely) cut 8 or 10 of those large limbs off that huge tree using a combo. Wallendas/ Ax Men ( minus
the cork boots ) method , leaving a couple chain saw cuts that Jer will get.
wrob

Postby wrob » April 15th, 2020, 12:31 pm

At 1PM the trail is good to go, the precip continues and could cause some greasy spots later.
wrob

Postby wrob » April 18th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Overall good, muddy after #13....NOTE: i did not do the trail work btwn #5 & #6.
wrob

Postby wrob » April 26th, 2020, 9:27 am

We're having typical spring time "less than ideal" trail conditions but people want (and need) to get outdoors; with that in mind, i put some split logs in the mud after #13 as a temporary fix, it will be properly repaired on a future trail day.
wrob

Postby tripleskulls » April 30th, 2020, 3:32 pm

On the first "switchback" downhill section (after steep grade loose gravel, after the big curved uphill - I think it is right by marker #4 on the map) it looks like someone crashed into and broke a small tree (less than 2" diameter) just to the left of the trail. What remains is an 8" dagger pointing straight up. If anyone happens to hit the trail with a small saw, it might be a worthwhile thing to cut.
tripleskulls

Postby c0nsumer » April 30th, 2020, 3:33 pm

tripleskulls wrote:On the first "switchback" downhill section (after steep grade loose gravel, after the big curved uphill - I think it is right by marker #4 on the map) it looks like someone crashed into and broke a small tree (less than 2" diameter) just to the left of the trail. What remains is an 8" dagger pointing straight up. If anyone happens to hit the trail with a small saw, it might be a worthwhile thing to cut.

Please do. Or yourself if you would.

Did you notice the new feature going in?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Brenton » May 4th, 2020, 8:14 am

Trail was perfect yesterday 05/03, fast and dry.

Thank you to all the volunteers that finally fixed that notoriously bad section right before Nessie. More importantly, I love the new jump right near the end of blue! Just awesome, its about time we had some air time on this trail. Keep it coming and thanks again!
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

Postby c0nsumer » May 4th, 2020, 9:06 am

Brenton wrote:Trail was perfect yesterday 05/03, fast and dry.

Thank you to all the volunteers that finally fixed that notoriously bad section right before Nessie. More importantly, I love the new jump right near the end of blue! Just awesome, its about time we had some air time on this trail. Keep it coming and thanks again!

FWIW, here's the places I consider it reasonable to get air at RB besides the new jump.

- Rollers at the very south end of Blue (double-able)
- Bottom of Steep Grades Loose Gravel (#2)
- Using the base of a large tree on a sweeping right turn in the Entrance Trail. (#1-#2)
- Log Pile while rolling down towards an oxbow (#4 - #5)
- Decaying log pile on the Dragstrip Bypass just before the ride-over bench (#7-#8)
- Roots while going between two trees (#9-#10)
- Steep rolldown just before the start of Blue (#10-#11).
- Multiple rollers along the lower ridge (#11-#21)
- Dirt hump along trail (#22-#23)
- Nessie (pop off the last roller)

Then there's a handful of spots in the CK Canal Loop that have usable lumps/rollers.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby wrob » May 12th, 2020, 1:33 pm

The trail is good to go.....i cleared that manmade log/ brush blockage in the canal at the Golden Gate bridge.
wrob

Postby PK » June 6th, 2020, 12:36 pm

Nice ride there today.
Just like at most other trails around here, the heavy trail usage is apparent.
Some of the trail sections could be re-named "Multiple Choice".

Pete
PK

Postby wrob » July 14th, 2020, 5:31 pm

The trail was reported all clear at noon.Matt & I made a small log feature on the CK,i think that low "cupped out" area just past #21 that get's muddy could use a couple "Gator loads" of rock or stone to raise the trail bed and provide slope for water runoff, i've worked over there but i think raising that trail bed will be a good fix.
wrob

Postby wrob » July 17th, 2020, 10:20 am

Over all Great after the rain, some powder in spots, a tad muddy in the low spot after#21, i rebuilt the log feature after #13, i filled in the ruts & brake bumps before the berm that's just past #25,but i couldn't dig to clay in the area so that approach will need periodic maintenance until i find a better material to firm it up. I've been cutting out those small woody tire pokers& pedal strikers on the CK when i get a chance.The UHS (school trail not mtb trail)between #25 and #26 is passable but could be cut with a string trimmer if a volunteer would like to do that for those trail users.
wrob

Postby wrob » July 18th, 2020, 5:43 pm

I finished building that log feature near #5 that someone started on a while back.
wrob

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions