CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: River Bends

Postby c0nsumer » May 19th, 2010, 8:07 am

Roy wrote:So, are you talking about a 3 mile trail or some kind of loupe? Is there enough high ground to get a 6 mile loupe trail?
If stoney and metro ever get connected, will River Bends be on that route?

Roy

I don't know where you got 3 miles from.

The current thought is roughly 1.5 miles of additional single track to start, to the west of the double track, up above the flood plane, avoiding wet areas (there's some odd springs that seem to come out the side of the hill).

And yes, River Bends appears key to the route between Stony Creek and Metro Beach, with the recently-added pavement it appears that this is in progress.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby utabintarbo » May 19th, 2010, 8:39 am

Roy wrote:So, are you talking about a 3 mile trail or some kind of loupe? Is there enough high ground to get a 6 mile loupe trail?

Roy

Loupe?
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby fattyclark » May 19th, 2010, 3:56 pm

So where is the trail head going to be?Is it going to be off the parking lot on 22 mile rd?That is about 310 acres over there
Park Map
Last edited by fattyclark on May 19th, 2010, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby c0nsumer » May 19th, 2010, 4:06 pm

fattyclark wrote:So where is the trail head going to be?Is it going to be off the parking lot on 22 mile rd?
Park Map

The current plan is to have the single track come off of the double track / old 5K dirt trail. However, this route has not yet been approved by the township. Please consult page 6 of the proposal for information on the area in which we intend to build single track.

Note that your map actually points to Woodall Park.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby fattyclark » May 19th, 2010, 4:15 pm

I think there is a way to get another mile or two of single track in there , it would connect to some of the areas you have already looked at.
Here is something I mapped out not sure if this will work to kinda plan out future additions.map
Last edited by fattyclark on May 19th, 2010, 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Out in Michigan
fattyclark

Postby blacksword » May 19th, 2010, 4:15 pm

Roy

Are you French?
In transition to the northland.
The content of my posts are not the opinions of the MMBA, and should not be construed as such
blacksword

Postby PK » May 19th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Steve!
You're alive!
How were the 'shrooms! (Since you're still alive, I assume they were the "good" ones???)

Pete.
PK

Postby c0nsumer » May 19th, 2010, 10:13 pm

PK wrote:Steve!
You're alive!
How were the 'shrooms! (Since you're still alive, I assume they were the "good" ones???)

Pete.

Ha! They haven't been eaten yet, but that'll likely happen tomorrow or Friday. That said, they pass all the checks for being good, proper morels. I might go look for more tomorrow, actually.

This time I'll bring a bag.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » May 19th, 2010, 11:36 pm

fattyclark wrote:I think there is a way to get another mile or two of single track in there , it would connect to some of the areas you have already looked at.
Here is something I mapped out not sure if this will work to kinda plan out future additions.map

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

For one, you have drawn lines all through completely unrideable area (floodplain, rivers, etc). Two, you go outside the park's boundries. Three, the lines you have drawn cross over all sorts of other uses.

Have you even been to the park before to see what's there? We have a very nice, undeveloped piece to work with but the whole of the park is NOT open to our use. Please read over the proposal if you'd like to understand this.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby mr_opjones » May 20th, 2010, 6:04 am

I'll eat those shrooms if you don't :) The lil guy and I are going to do some hunting out there this weekend.
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby wingzz » May 20th, 2010, 6:37 am

c0nsumer wrote:
fattyclark wrote:I think there is a way to get another mile or two of single track in there , it would connect to some of the areas you have already looked at.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

For one, you have drawn lines all through completely unrideable area (floodplain, rivers, etc). Two, you go outside the park's boundries. Three, the lines you have drawn cross over all sorts of other uses.

Have you even been to the park before to see what's there? We have a very nice, undeveloped piece to work with but the whole of the park is NOT open to our use. Please read over the proposal if you'd like to understand this.

Thank you Steve, I was about to post about the same thing
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby fattyclark » May 20th, 2010, 9:36 am

NO I didn't draw on flood plans if you look at a contour map a little closer you might see that steve. The lines may not be prefect but the general area is right. Plus what I was pointing out was a possibility of what could fit in that area.(plus the a little outside of the marked area in the proposal)IE what would be the most single track that could fit in that side of the park regardless of what is there now.
Out in Michigan
fattyclark

Postby mr_opjones » May 20th, 2010, 9:46 am

Steve has been working on this project for a while Justin, keyboard quarterbacks do not help in any area.
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby dirt » May 20th, 2010, 9:48 am

fattyclark wrote:NO I didn't draw on flood plans if you look at a contour map a little closer you might see that steve. The lines may not be prefect but the general area is right. Plus what I was pointing out was a possibility of what could fit in that area.(plus the a little outside of the marked area in the proposal)IE what would be the most single track that could fit in that side of the park regardless of what is there now.

Yeah, as someone who has reviewed the park from his computer using google maps, I'm sure you DO know the area better then those of use who have been out to the park and actually walking the proposed area. :roll:

Perhaps this may be hard for you to believe, but we DO know what we are talking about, and we are putting together a plan with consideration for the lay of the land, the existing features in the park, and the wishes of the park management.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby fattyclark » May 20th, 2010, 9:50 am

Here is something I mapped out not sure if this will work to kinda plan out future additions

take it or leave there was no comment need by anyone on this, i gave it up as something to look at for down the road, nothing more nothing less. You guys can choice to look at it if you want or not. This isn't the 1st time my ideas have been written off only to be used later down the road by someone else who dismissed them at the time.

Whatever.
Out in Michigan
fattyclark

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions