Rust Shaker?

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

Rust Shaker?

Postby 3SA » January 8th, 2019, 9:47 am

I'm trying to figure out my plan for 2019- and was wondering about the MMCC races. I see that Sweat Shaker is posted on Bike Reg (6/29), but I don't see the Rust Shaker yet. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was still going to held? It may be that SS is posted earlier due to being part of the point series, but I've really enjoyed the Rust Shaker in the past and would like to have it in my plan for this year. :D
3SA

Re: Rust Shaker?

Postby shoffman » January 9th, 2019, 8:13 am

MMC is working on getting this race scheduled.
shoffman

Postby 3SA » January 9th, 2019, 9:13 am

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks!!
3SA

Postby 3SA » January 18th, 2019, 6:59 am

Looks like they’ve set it on the same day as Yankee (per bikereg). Kind of a bummer, we would have had a pretty big group up for it if it was the week before. I’m still planning to register- though I’m not sure how I feel registering “elite” to get a 2 lap race, but I understand that there just needs to be more women riders. :) MMC is one of my favorite trails, I’m looking forward to racing it again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3SA

Postby wrong_way_eddy » January 29th, 2019, 6:56 pm

2019 course for Rust Shaker will Follow a One lap for Beginners, Two Laps for sport, and Three laps for expert/elite riders. Each lap will be about nine miles long, combining single track and the MMCC hiking/running path.
wrong_way_eddy

Postby mmba7349 » January 29th, 2019, 7:04 pm

3SA wrote:Looks like they’ve set it on the same day as Yankee (per bikereg). Kind of a bummer, we would have had a pretty big group up for it if it was the week before. I’m still planning to register- though I’m not sure how I feel registering “elite” to get a 2 lap race, but I understand that there just needs to be more women riders. :) MMC is one of my favorite trails, I’m looking forward to racing it again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was last year also. The curse and blessing of so many race options in Michigan.
mmba7349

Postby Exodus » January 30th, 2019, 7:25 am

mmba7349 wrote:
It was last year also. The curse and blessing of so many race options in Michigan.

It seems like they choose their date late, after other races have been announced, so I kinda put it on them. There isnt much the weekend before, or the weekend after MSB/Custer. It does at least give a good option for those more north who dont want to drive down to Yankee though.
Exodus

Postby shoffman » January 30th, 2019, 8:37 am

Exodus wrote:
mmba7349 wrote:

It seems like they choose their date late, after other races have been announced, so I kinda put it on them. There isnt much the weekend before, or the weekend after MSB/Custer. It does at least give a good option for those more north who dont want to drive down to Yankee though.

The Rust Shaker and Sweat Shaker are scheduled around both other MMC events as well as other races. Their annual fundraiser (which requires considerable resources for several weeks) is typically the 2nd weekend in April. Most of the volunteers that work the MMC races also work the fundraiser, and need a bit of a break between.
shoffman

Postby WICCMB » January 30th, 2019, 9:21 am

shoffman wrote:
Exodus wrote:
mmba7349 wrote:

The Rust Shaker and Sweat Shaker are scheduled around both other MMC events as well as other races. Their annual fundraiser (which requires considerable resources for several weeks) is typically the 2nd weekend in April. Most of the volunteers that work the MMC races also work the fundraiser, and need a bit of a break between.

That's a shame, because Yankee Springs has been going on for decades now, and it's traditionally the spring opener MTB race. The turnout is also the highest (by far) for all of the regular MTB series races in Michigan
WICCMB
Administrator

Return to Racing