Iceman pics?

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

Iceman pics?

Postby troth » November 7th, 2019, 9:51 am

I saw several photographers along the Iceman course, but I’ve only been able to find one online: https://www.robmeenderingphotography.com

Does anybody know of any others?

And how about that race, that was something else!

Unrelated, if anyone is even out there anymore to answer this question, what killed this forum? Was it when the site got hacked? Trail conditions being posted on Facebook? This site used to rule for both entertainment and information, now it’s a ghost town. What I wouldn’t give to have Lane back on here….
troth

Re: Iceman pics?

Postby WICCMB » November 7th, 2019, 10:50 am

To answer your question about the declining use of this forum, primarily it has been the rise of social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram which have killed off interest. Text based forums can't really hold a candle to the instant gratification of social media.

The crash that happened a couple of years ago certainly didn't help the situation, but it wasn't the cause - it was just a symptom of the overall decline. Since usership is down so much, even the MMBA Board doesn't pay attention to this forum. It's an inevitability that this forum will eventually shut down.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby sheppardjm » November 7th, 2019, 11:45 am

sheppardjm

Postby bikeguy4life » November 8th, 2019, 9:21 am

I'm bummed to see the decline in usership of this site as this has been one of my sources of workday entertainment. Classifieds in here used to be the way to go too.

On a side-note, I had to laugh about the Lane name drop above. I ran into him back in July just before the TC Trails Fest. He and his riding buddy were preriding the TCTF race course and they were having some discrepancies between the routes their gps maps were kicking back and the correct race course and were trying to figure out if they were riding the route correctly. I pulled over to assist w/ some wayfinding and immediately found myself in the middle of what had escalated into something akin to a lover's quarrel. Lane was all worked up and doing a lot of shouting as he and his buddy were arguing over the GPS computers were kicking back, the lightly marked course and what they had actually ridden. They were about 30 miles into their ride at this point and based on what I was told, hadn't ridden anything on the race route correctly. Lane's riding buddy looked like he had had enough of Lane's shenanigans and wanted to be somewhere else badly. My suggestions to Lane about the correct routes were rebuffed, because you know, he knows everything. It was comical and incredibly awkward. Haha, not sure if they ever made it out of the woods, they are probably still out there yelling at eachother...
2017 Giant XTC 2 29/27.5+
2009 Vassago Jabberwocky SS
2013 Giant TCR SL4
bikeguy4life

Postby SkolinIN » November 8th, 2019, 9:52 am

https://photos.xmatic.com/Cycling/Iceman has lots of really good pics from the race from all of the waves.

Agree miss this forum for information and entertainment.
SkolinIN

Postby troth » November 13th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Ha! That Lane story was great, thanks for sharing. And thanks for the other links to pics, I was able to find another shot of myself. What an awesome race that is every year to close out the traditional riding season.
troth

Return to Racing