A Disappointing Commentary on LJ100 Sellout

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

Re: A Disappointing Commentary on LJ100 Sellout

Postby rotero1 » February 8th, 2010, 4:13 pm

I have to agree with trev. Although this is not my first race it is the longest race I will have done and you have to start somewhere. I hope I pass this guy !
rotero1

Postby Indigenous » February 8th, 2010, 6:34 pm

rotero1 wrote:I have to agree with trev. Although this is not my first race it is the longest race I will have done and you have to start somewhere. I hope I pass this guy !

...better set your sights a little lower if this is your first endurance event. Because after all this fun banter, "THIS GUY" will be prepared.
Indigenous

Postby chrismaltby » February 8th, 2010, 8:44 pm

Krol_Franklin_E wrote:I thought a chode was a mountain biker who shaved his arms to reduce wind resistance.

Or the mountain biker I saw riding with arm warmers, shorts and NO jersey.
"There are no races. Only lotteries."

-Jacques Anquetil
chrismaltby

Postby trevrev97 » February 8th, 2010, 8:59 pm

All I know is I don't plan on passing anyone. I just want to finish.
trevrev97

Postby clydeone » February 8th, 2010, 9:04 pm

All I know is I don't plan on passing anyone. I just want to finish.

ditto
2013 Trails - Brown County, Poto(Finally) Arcadia Dunes, Yankee, Custer, Andrews, TK Lawless, Bendix Woods, Rum Village, Love Creek
2013 Total Mileage - 4932
2013 Trail miles - 338 - pitiful
clydeone

Postby jalopy jockey » February 8th, 2010, 9:37 pm

chrismaltby wrote:
Krol_Franklin_E wrote:I thought a chode was a mountain biker who shaved his arms to reduce wind resistance.

Or the mountain biker I saw riding with arm warmers, shorts and NO jersey.

Hey I have bad elbows. They are braces not warmers! :wink:
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby mkirk » February 9th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Blumrdude wrote:Weekend warriors = riders with the latest and greatest, and most expensive gear, who ride once a week in the good weather for an hour or maybe two

What if they ride their hour during the week? Can you call them Tuesday Warriors or Wednesday Warriors? :D
Matt
mkirk

Postby jonw9 » February 9th, 2010, 7:26 pm

I wish I knew how much riders like me annoy riders like that.

Makes me regret not signing up for the race, just out of spite! ;)
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby jalopy jockey » February 9th, 2010, 7:40 pm

mkirk wrote:
Blumrdude wrote:Weekend warriors = riders with the latest and greatest, and most expensive gear, who ride once a week in the good weather for an hour or maybe two

What if they ride their hour during the week? Can you call them Tuesday Warriors or Wednesday Warriors? :D

Wendsday warriors unite!

I ride more trail during teh week than on weekends. Sitters are cheaper.
:D
jalopy jockey

Postby adroit rider » February 9th, 2010, 11:05 pm

The sellout frenzy was fueled in part by all the chatter on the mmba.org bb....a lot of weekend warriors and chodes want to jump on the endurance race bandwagon and don't really care about the full NUE series....the same thing happened about a year ago for the Iceman registration: the race sold out in nothing flat accompanied by a major server glitch which resulted in entries going from 1,500 to 4,000....

With no pretense, the above statement is the truth and merely someone expressing their view of the truth on an internet forum.

But

After hearing that the guy who wrote it is somewhat of a borderline retarded/doper it makes me want to register for a different NUE event and hopefully be the registrant that forces him to miss another event.

How fast is this guy in terms of a Poto lap in top form? Can someone post his Iceman time or something that will make this relevant to all the weekend warriors and chodes?
adroit rider

Postby Bernard Smith » February 9th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Sounds like there are people who take this bicycle racing way too serious and things said, way too personal. Anyhow, can't a person just go up to the BIG M and ride 4 laps anytime they want? Why is it that important to do it in an expensive race? I am pretty sure I would ride at the same, MAXED OUT PACE, if I focused on hammering 4 laps, as though it was a race.
bernie
Bernard Smith

Postby jalopy jockey » February 10th, 2010, 7:09 am

Bernard Smith wrote:Sounds like there are people who take this bicycle racing way too serious and things said, way too personal. Anyhow, can't a person just go up to the BIG M and ride 4 laps anytime they want? Why is it that important to do it in an expensive race? I am pretty sure I would ride at the same, MAXED OUT PACE, if I focused on hammering 4 laps, as though it was a race.
bernie

Just like the women folk tell us about romantic evenings. It's all about atmosphere.
jalopy jockey

Postby mkirk » February 10th, 2010, 8:47 am

Bernard Smith wrote:Sounds like there are people who take this bicycle racing way too serious and things said, way too personal. Anyhow, can't a person just go up to the BIG M and ride 4 laps anytime they want? Why is it that important to do it in an expensive race? I am pretty sure I would ride at the same, MAXED OUT PACE, if I focused on hammering 4 laps, as though it was a race.
bernie

It's like team sports. Sure, you can practice anytime you want. Even a scrimmage can be fun. But there's nothing like the game! (Makes me miss it!)
Matt
mkirk

Postby Scotty » February 10th, 2010, 8:58 am

adroit rider wrote:
How fast is this guy in terms of a Poto lap in top form? Can someone post his Iceman time or something that will make this relevant to all the weekend warriors and chodes?

Who cares?

If I never ever hear again the question "what is your lap time at the Poto" it will be too soon!
Scotty

Postby Bernard Smith » February 10th, 2010, 9:39 am

Trust me, after a personal best lap time at the poto or any other trail (or event), only your riding buddies care! Well, that at least applies to us nobodys, not to the genuinely great.
bernie
Bernard Smith

PreviousNext

Return to Racing