8 Hours of Bloomer Park July 31st

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

8 Hours of Bloomer Park July 31st

Postby bwalk » July 19th, 2010, 6:21 am

Saturday July 31st - 8 hours of Bloomer Park endurance race from 10am till 6pm at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills Mi. Day of event registration avabile from 8am-9:30am. There is a $3 park entry fee (discounted from $5) & NO Overnight camping is allowed at this race location for this event. We do have a special rate set up with Red Roof inn (M59 & Crooks road about 10 min from park) Call 800-733-7663 and use the Fun Promotions discount code VP# 606574 For more info including on-line registration please visit http://funpromotions.com/07-31-10.html Event support will be provided by RBS (Rochester Bike Shop) they will be on site. Course will be approx 5.2 miles per lap. Pre-riding is allowed for this event - Mail in registration at http://funpromotions.com/registration-f ... eg2010.pdf Event will start at 10am & ending at 6pm awards & prize drawings to follow at 7pm. Free swag to the first 100 riders including Hammer Nutrition products. Thanks to our event/series sponsors Soul Cycles, Rochester Bike Shop, Oberweis Dairy,Team Duke, Velocity, T-9, Light & Motion, Hammer Nutrition, Cannondale & Silversmith.
Brent Walk
bwalk

Re: 8 Hours of Bloomer Park July 31st

Postby F7Cannon » July 20th, 2010, 7:57 pm

Do you have an idea of when the coarse will be marked for the race? Planning on heading there this Friday to check it out and do some riding. Never been to Bloomer before and heard it can be a little difficult to navigate, and that certain sections are way more technical than others. If not marked yet guess I will just spend the day there and ride every inch of the place to be prepared for the 31st. :wink:
F7Cannon

Postby bwalk » July 21st, 2010, 9:58 am

Marking course on Thur & Fri and will have ready as early as I can on Fri to pre-ride.
Brent
bwalk

Postby F7Cannon » July 21st, 2010, 11:23 am

bwalk wrote:Marking course on Thur & Fri and will have ready as early as I can on Fri to pre-ride.
Brent

This Friday or the Friday before the race? I am asuming you meen the Friday before the race. If you are talking about this Friday then that's awesome! If not, any advise on what trail/trails you will be marking? Like I said I have never been to Bloomer before and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Brent.

Shaun
F7Cannon

Postby bwalk » July 26th, 2010, 9:45 am

Bump
Marking course this week thur evening & fri morning. We hope to see a good turn out for our newest Michigan Cup Endurance Series event this weekend.
Brent
bwalk

Postby Mr. Bojangles » July 27th, 2010, 8:46 am

I and a few others will be at bloomer tonight to do some final tree clearing and weed wacking. wednesday night I will be pre marking a simple course for Brent to follow and he will have the final say. I expect the course to be longer than 5.2 miles and closer to 7 miles. If anyone wants to help out with clearing the trail tonight meet in the park near the kiosk (trail head) at 5:15 pm to get started. We should be done by 8:30 pm.

if you have questions regarding tonight... email me at derekrbs at gmail dot com
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby c0nsumer » July 27th, 2010, 10:12 am

How much of the ridge / switchbacks is going to be in the route?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby PK » July 27th, 2010, 1:13 pm

I'm guessing just the lower ridge???? Today, the upper ridge was just about as skinny as I've ever seen it.
Time for a chain gang to work it over with pick axes!...

Pete.
PK

Postby utabintarbo » July 27th, 2010, 1:19 pm

PK wrote:I'm guessing just the lower ridge???? Today, the upper ridge was just about as skinny as I've ever seen it.
Time for a chain gang to work it over with pick axes!...

Pete.

Upper ridge == :shock: :evil:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Indigenous » July 29th, 2010, 10:31 am

...sledding hill, I love the sledding hill...NOT! 8)
Indigenous

Postby mr_opjones » July 29th, 2010, 11:07 am

We should have an underground upper and lower ridge time trial :twisted:
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby KONA Cruiser » July 30th, 2010, 11:26 am

Got out to Bloomer this morning (Fri) to check out the loop. Unfortunately I won't be able to race tomorrow because I'll be up north on a canoe trip.

I know Brent's not done marking the course yet, but it looks like most of the trail is being utilized except for Art's Lung Buster, which is the rat maze near the Velodrome. I didn't see any markings anywhere near there. I couldn't tell where the race is being staged at either, but I am guessing it will be the pavilion nearest the sledding hills, although the trails around the cricket field were marked so the pavilion near there could be used as well.

The stair climb was marked, but not the sledding hill. There were also arrows pointing in unusual directions, so what ever the loop ends up being, it appears it will be a little different than the typical XC loop.
KONA Cruiser

Postby bwalk » July 30th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Doing final markings fri afternoon, Thanks Derek for your help and we should have just over a 5 mile loop. I am setting up by the Stone building & our pits will be in the shade around the building. Day of registration will be open from 8am till 9:30am and a 10am race start till 6pm awards to follow. We have some great prizes and should be a good race hope you can make it out.

Brent
bwalk

Postby Mr. Bojangles » July 30th, 2010, 2:13 pm

No upper ridge trail- to dangerous when people get tired. :roll:

The sled hill might make an appearance :twisted: :twisted:

Racers will start by dropping into the large switchback and heading into the lower ridge... from there, the course follows as usual. the course will be modified slightly to include arts lungbuster but will be 90% the usual race course. I will be out tonight helping mark off the course so that its easy to follow.

This will be the first endurance race at Bloomer and should definately be one of the more challenging races. I forsee the course producing as many as 17 laps to be the winning count. In total the course will be roughly 5-6 miles when all is said and done.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

D$
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby nickcisler » July 30th, 2010, 5:29 pm

What is the local weather forcast for the area Saturday?
nickcisler

Next

Return to Racing