Mid-State: Report your Own Trail Hours 2011

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association (Formerly Mid-State) topics.

Re: Mid-State: Report your Own Trail Hours 2011

Postby jonw9 » January 29th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Alright,

I again updated the way the sheet works based on a from I saw on in the linked thread in the first post.

The sheet is now a form to fill out, which should be more reliable, and repeatable to fill out. Additionally this will protect your information from being seen or modified by others.

The link has been corrected on the first post, and in my signature. Take a moment and let me know what you think.
www.tinyurl.com/MidstateTrailHours

Thanks for your patience.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby spwrozek » January 31st, 2011, 11:53 am

Looks good, just can't click the link to get the wavier form.
spwrozek

Re: Re: Mid-State: Report your Own Trail Hours 2011

Postby jonw9 » January 31st, 2011, 2:41 pm

spwrozek wrote:Looks good, just can't click the link to get the wavier form.

Yeah, it doesn't link, I have not tried adding the html code to see if it will work. Another option would be putiing it in the header.

I will work on that when I get a chance.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Re: Re: Mid-State: Report your Own Trail Hours 2011

Postby c0nsumer » January 31st, 2011, 3:02 pm

jonw9 wrote:
spwrozek wrote:Looks good, just can't click the link to get the wavier form.

Yeah, it doesn't link, I have not tried adding the html code to see if it will work. Another option would be putiing it in the header.

I will work on that when I get a chance.

If you all have some special webhosting needs for this tool, let me know and I can likely help you out.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jonw9 » January 31st, 2011, 3:30 pm

We may go with a midstate.mmba redirect or something, but I was waiting to see what the consensus on something like this is.
jonw9

Postby c0nsumer » January 31st, 2011, 4:19 pm

jonw9 wrote:We may go with a midstate.mmba redirect or something, but I was waiting to see what the consensus on something like this is.

Sure thing. Just throw me some email or whatnot once you decide what you want to do.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jonw9 » January 31st, 2011, 8:52 pm

It appears that Google does not *beep* links in their forms, so making the address for the waiver a link is NOT an option at this time.
jonw9

Postby pfox90 » February 2nd, 2011, 12:48 pm

We could always check in at the trail using our smart phones and say we are doing trail work :)
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby jonw9 » February 2nd, 2011, 1:25 pm

Takez wrote:We could always check in at the trail using our smart phones and say we are doing trail work :)

The form works on my Android phone, so you could just fill it out when you are done!
jonw9

Postby Di_bear » February 9th, 2011, 12:55 pm

However, I am working on a method to award a prize at the end of the year as well. This is in addition to the VOTY, this will be a random drawing. I have not worked out the details, but it will be based on entries/hours submitted, and somebody will be chosen to win.

Jon, have you worked this out?
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Postby jonw9 » February 9th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Di_bear wrote:
However, I am working on a method to award a prize at the end of the year as well. This is in addition to the VOTY, this will be a random drawing. I have not worked out the details, but it will be based on entries/hours submitted, and somebody will be chosen to win.

Jon, have you worked this out?

No.
jonw9

Postby jonw9 » March 2nd, 2011, 1:36 pm

New link to follow, should be easy to follow and pretty permanent.

http://midstate.mmba.org/trailhours
jonw9

Postby bockrona » March 20th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Maybe I did it wrong. The form doesn't include time spent. Only that you made an appearance and did some work.

Not sure if 1/2 hour clearing trees and debris in the middle of a ride counts for much anyway.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby jonw9 » March 20th, 2011, 3:10 pm

bockrona wrote:Maybe I did it wrong. The form doesn't include time spent. Only that you made an appearance and did some work.

Not sure if 1/2 hour clearing trees and debris in the middle of a ride counts for much anyway.

I added that column now, my checkers didn't do a very good job! ;)

30 minutes may not seem like much, but at the end of the year all of these will add up. Thanks for the work, and using the form!
jonw9

Postby jonw9 » April 3rd, 2011, 7:56 am

Thanks to everyone using the hour tracking form. We already had 6 people log hours from trail work yesterday.

Keep it up!
jonw9

PreviousNext

Return to MMMBA