Owosso- Hopkins Lake Info

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association (Formerly Mid-State) topics.

Re: Owosso- Hopkins Lake Info

Postby owosso bob » June 19th, 2013, 8:40 pm

It is finally drying up and the skeeters were not bad today . I started mowing with a DR trimmer but it broke , hope to have it fixed in the morning . Could sure use some help trimming back the bushes . Andy R . has added another skinny to go with All Mountains log ramp . Alan G . also helped me fix the tree on the ridge line so you can ride right across it now without slowing down . Still waiting on Baker College to allow another close to mile of trail on their land .
owosso bob

Postby AllMountin' » June 19th, 2013, 8:51 pm

I rode it not too long ago for the first time in a while. Was pleasantly surprised to see the new bridge work. I'm glad someone cut out the tree that I was going to build a second ramp over. I got distracted and put that off for way too long.

If I can get off my current 12 hour work schedule, I hope to get out there and can help with trimming. Not sure when that will happen, though.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby AllMountin' » January 1st, 2014, 12:44 am

Just an update. Yellow all clear, I think. Also cleared just the first ~100 yards of the main connector by the lake, but there was still another blockage further down when I ran out of time. Also, walked and cleared a short section of blue from Satan's hill, down along the swamp, back to where it crosses up yellow.

The rest of blue/red I'm not sure of current status.
--=Steve=--

AllMountin'

Postby gtrowbridge » January 23rd, 2014, 9:43 pm

For some reason this trail has been off my radar. How far is this trail from the CIS rail trail?

wMMBA Ionia State Rec Area Trail Coordinator - Using Tapatalk from my cell.
Ionia State Recreation Area Trail Coordinator
"They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In Mountain biking there is no destination. Just the bike. The rider. And a place to ride." - Roam
gtrowbridge

Postby AllMountin' » May 7th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Finally got out there with the saw to take care of a few trees on yellow. I *think* yellow and blue are clear, but I haven't ridden the parts toward Baker College in a few weeks, so there may be stuff out that way.
--=Steve=--

AllMountin'

Previous

Return to MMMBA