Anderson Park Thursday Night Group Ride

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association (Formerly Mid-State) topics.

Re: Anderson Park Thursday Night Group Ride

Postby dauber76 » August 28th, 2012, 3:26 pm

rvd wrote:After an extended period away I will finally get back to town tomorrow. Looking forward to ride MI single track again. If any of the regulars is going to make it out to the group ride on Thursday, please let me know if you could bring a bike pump. I am having my bike packed up for shipment with tires deflated, but should be able to put all together in the parking lot before the ride (that is, if mosquitoes aren't too bad).

Skeeters aren't bad. I was out there this weekend and only had a few buzzing me. Being in a drought does have some advantages.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby centralRH » August 29th, 2012, 6:20 am

rvd wrote:After an extended period away I will finally get back to town tomorrow. Looking forward to ride MI single track again. If any of the regulars is going to make it out to the group ride on Thursday, please let me know if you could bring a bike pump. I am having my bike packed up for shipment with tires deflated, but should be able to put all together in the parking lot before the ride (that is, if mosquitoes aren't too bad).

I should be out there at 6:00. I will bring a pump.
centralRH

Postby rvd » August 29th, 2012, 10:50 am

centralRH wrote:

I should be out there at 6:00. I will bring a pump.

Thanks Brad. See you at the trail.
rvd

Postby rvd » September 5th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Anyone riding tomorrow? After snapping my derailleur in half Monday at Burchfield, I'll be on a clunker. Should be fun nonetheless; I'll be out by 6.
rvd

Postby centralRH » September 6th, 2012, 6:58 am

I can't make it this week. The rain should really help and tonight might be some of the best conditions for the year.
centralRH

Postby AllMountin' » September 6th, 2012, 8:14 am

I have intent.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby plunderspunk » September 6th, 2012, 8:45 am

...reffing the Eastern vs Holt soccer game tonight, so won't be able to make it...I keep tryin' though! :)
Bill
PS: you guys should check out the Eagle Monk brewery afterwards, on Snow Rd and Mt Hope, prolly 10 minutes away...great beer sampler for 9$ pints are 4$ , like at Dark Horse, they have that ceramic mug thing goin' on...cool place! 8)
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby AllMountin' » September 6th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Oh man, I was sooo excited. We got the head chef(okay, so only chef) at B & I bar to promise us Pork Chop Suey, not next Thursday, but the following Thursday(the 20th). It's great post ride grub when combined with a tall or pitcher of Killians, and oh so convenient. Unfortunately, I now realize that I'll be on vacation that week, so no soup for me. That doesn't mean y'all can't partake. Mark your calenders. Come one; come all. :-)

Great numbers out there today and some new faces. Nice to see. Oh, and the riding wasn't so bad either. Till next week...
--=Steve=--

AllMountin'

Postby reidabel » September 7th, 2012, 6:58 am

Do you guys ride all of the log rides and stunts during the group rides? Back when I used to do the group rides at Burchfield I was so disappointed that everybody just bypassed all of the stunts and rock piles - I actually requested one time that we ride them. A few obliged, and many were forced to stand around and watch while their heartrates lowered ...
reidabel

Postby AllMountin' » September 7th, 2012, 6:21 pm

We don't session stuff, but a few of us run them within the flow of the ride. Even the newer drop line drops right back into the trail, making it easy to add without slowing the ride. Just gotta warn the newbs not to follow your line. A number of the newer riders, both here and Burchfield, like some techy stuff. It's gonna depend on the makeup of the group, but essentially it's 'one and done' and get on with the ride.
--=Steve=--

AllMountin'

Postby centralRH » September 20th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Will be there tonight. Going to take care of the log on the green (handsaw if possible) and get in a ride.
centralRH

Postby plunderspunk » September 20th, 2012, 3:50 pm

wish I could meet you, no gonna happen tonight though... :cry:
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby bockrona » September 27th, 2012, 11:38 am

Kids soccer games are likely to keep me on the sidelines tonight, unless I go @ 4:00 or 7:00.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby dauber76 » December 13th, 2012, 4:18 pm

No ride tonight, everybody should be at the meeting.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=116360
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby centralRH » February 15th, 2013, 8:15 pm

No good right now. Very icy and bumpy. I had to bail to the River Trail tonight.
centralRH

PreviousNext

Return to MMMBA