Anderson Park Thursday Night Group Ride

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association (Formerly Mid-State) topics.

Re: Anderson Park Thursday Night Group Ride

Postby Biggredd911 » April 16th, 2014, 9:56 pm

Fawley informed me of a leaf blower used on the trail. A big thanks as always goes out to the trail crew. You guys rock!

Didn't mean to come off as a softy but when my shop invites new bikers out to the trails for the first time (some without helmets :shock: ) I don't want to scare them away from our sport.

Should be a great Thursday night ride for everybody!
Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 6Fattie (FOR SALE IN CLASSIFIED SECTION)
Fatboy Comp with Lauf Carbonara
Diverge Comp DSW X1
Biggredd911

Postby reidabel » April 17th, 2014, 8:57 am

Thanks, I will aim for 5:30 tonight, and will scout out that drop/bypass for the future ride with my kid. Darn, I was going to bring orange flagging tape to put up at the drop, but I forgot and won't be going home before the ride. I know that it can take months, if not years, to get signage done! Who knows how many people could get hurt out there in the meantime. I know, ironic coming from the guy who builds all those stunts! But people see the stunts before they get onto them ...
reidabel

Postby centralRH » April 17th, 2014, 11:22 am

I don't think making it rollable is necessary. Giving folks a target to progress is necessary.
In our MI MTB culture a warning sign will be necessary.

BTW - no group ride for me. I thought I was going to make it but I have to take the kiddo to swim lessons. I may take a lap later...around 7:30 ish.
centralRH

Postby reidabel » April 19th, 2014, 7:39 pm

I think I agree with everything you said, except points 1 and 3! The builder's an awesome guy and we can keep it jumpable.

I am just saying that without signage and/or a rollable exit, somebody who doesn't know about the drop will flow naturally onto it, and if that same rider can't handle the drop, they could very easily get hurt for no good reason - child, adult, or elderly. We have to do something about it, and I know that plans are already under way for signage. In the meantime, though ...
reidabel

Postby SteveF » May 14th, 2014, 10:57 am

It's probably more of a water hazard now, with all the rain... :evil: *beep*
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby bockrona » May 15th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Probably best to avoid the mud and ride the LeTour around Delta Township again. That and shop vac some water out of the basement.

Lucky me, I have a Battle Creek hearing in the morning, with a lap around Ft. Custer after. Seems like that trail handles water better than most.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Previous

Return to MMMBA