Trail work session@ Burchfield May 27, 9:30a.m.

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association (Formerly Mid-State) topics.

Trail work session@ Burchfield May 27, 9:30a.m.

Postby Overdrive » May 21st, 2017, 1:54 pm

Wondering how to kick off your Memorial Weekend weekend?
Want to help improve eroded or wet areas at Burchfield?
Prefer to trim back spring growth?
We can use your help.

Join in and be the key to a successful trail work session this Saturday morning, May 27th at 9:30 a.m.
Meet at the Riverbend parking lot to sign in and we'll split up into 3 or 4 groups. Whether you can come for part or stay until it's finished, it'll help. Please reply to help us plan.

Bring any of the following that you have: shovels, rogue hoes, metal garden rakes, heavy buckets and pruners/trimmers. Gloves and bug spray are essential. Drinking water, long pants, eye protection and sturdy shoes are a bonus.

Help get the trail back in shape for summer. It's fun and it makes riding the results even better.
Overdrive

Re: Trail work session@ Burchfield May 27, 9:30a.m.

Postby reidabel » May 24th, 2017, 3:46 am

You already know I'm coming, but I'll post the first official reply. Hopefully we will get a lot of people coming out to help!
reidabel

Postby reidabel » May 27th, 2017, 6:41 am

I'm starting to wonder how many people are actually still reading this forum ...
reidabel

Postby Overdrive » May 27th, 2017, 6:47 am

reidabel wrote:I'm starting to wonder how many people are actually still reading this forum ...

Seems like many have scattered to a host of different FB groups. For those on FB, it's probably great, for those who aren't on FB...makes it harder to reach people.

Have heard from a few people who will be there. Going over the projects at 9:30 at the Riverbend lot off Nichols Road. From there we all head off to the variuos areas. Reconvene in the lot at 12 or 12:15 for a bite to eat and celebrate what we've done today.
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby reidabel » May 27th, 2017, 3:32 pm

I parked at McNamara at 9, to be closer to Hellboy (you're right that there's enough good wood down for me to build something). The approach to the little up-and-over is much quicker now without those trees to navigate, so I put a bypass in to the immediate left of it.

When I was done there I went to Riverbend. Talked to Nicole and Theresa, then test-rode the mudhole berm corduroy for Steve F, then went to Serenity and got a start on chopping up that tree to make a new stunt. I also did the stunt inspections on Hellboy, Dragonball Run, and rode slowly over everything in Swamp Thing to verify that they're all okay. Other than adding a couple of nails here and there, everything's in good shape.
reidabel

Postby F7Cannon » June 4th, 2017, 8:13 pm

reidabel wrote:Other than adding a couple of nails here and there, everything's in good shape.

Took care of that the other day with Anne.
F7Cannon

Return to MMMBA