January 11th, Chapeter Meeting, Elections

For discussing Clinton River Area Mountain Bike Association (formerly Metro North and Holly/Flint chapters) topics.

January 11th, Chapeter Meeting, Elections

Postby blacksword » January 4th, 2011, 12:04 pm

Another year, passed like wheels through time. The sand, the sun, the rain, the mud, the good times, the bad times, this season flew by like the trees in the Pines of Stony Creek. 2010 came and went, and Metro North has had an amazingly successful season- thanks to you! The chapter is in excellent financial standing, our membership is WAY up, and we have an equally amazing 2011 on the horizon. Thank you to all who helped, encouraged and attended our 2010 events and rides. This year has been full of challenges and the future continues to throw more at us.

Let me quickly remind all of you, that our elections meeting will be next Tuesday night, January 11th at the Rochester Mills Brewery in Downtown Rochester. The meeting will start promptly at 7pm, however if you plan to order food- please arrive at 630. The agenda for this meeting is quite packed, and it may run a little longer than usual, so please keep that in mind. I do hope, however, that does not keep you away as this is an ever important meeting. Our chapter elections will be held on this night, the entirety of our officers will be up for election and we need you to show up and help decide! Also of note on the agenda, the IMBA merger and what it means for us in Metro North. As you can imagine, that alone will suck up a good portion of the evening. We will still be discussing trail status?s, Misca, and the most current chapter membership information, so come along and join in the ?business? of running a chapter!

2011 is here, some of us might not be ready for it, some of us might be chomping at the bit waiting on the Barry Roubaix, some of us are sadly in hospital waiting on the day when rubber meets the dirt again (I?m looking at you Mr. Mosley! we all expect to see you on the trails again) and ready or not we have to attack this year head on again. On the horizon for 2011, EXPO!!!, Campfest (Addison again???), Addison Fall Clasic, MFO, Wed night group rides, and much more! So, stay tuned everyone, no matter what the new officer team ends up being- 2011 is going to be one of the best ever for Metro North!!

Some of the success of this year include, significantly raising chapter membership, Riverbends-Riverbends-Riverbends!, Addison fall classic- pulled pork FTW, additional work on Clinton River Trail, some fantastic fun reroutes at PLRA, a great Massive Fall Out, Unanimous consent among chapter officers to help support the Bike Patrol at a chapter level, improved communication among trail coordinators, an amazingly clad and stuffed tool trailer, and more I?m sure I am forgetting. 2010 has been an excellent year for us, with more success and riding on the board for 2011.

On a personal note, I want to take a moment to thank all the amazing volunteers of Metro North. We are truly lucky to have so many amazingly dedicated volunteers in this chapter. Truly, we could not put on so many amazing events without these people. I also would like to thank all those folks who were kind enough to encourage and thank me for the work put in this year as Chapter President. It was a *beep* of a ride, I do not know how Nick did it for so many years. Thanks again, I truly enjoyed working as your President this year. It was a blast. I still plan to be involved heavily with the chapter in 2011. I expect to run for Board Rep this year, and will gladly help the new president with any questions/help he or she may need. I am sure the chapter will be in good hands next year.

Jonathan Rose,
Outgoing President,
Metro North, MMBA.

Ps. Don't forget your Growlers- Tuesday is cheap growler night at the Mills!
In transition to the northland.
The content of my posts are not the opinions of the MMBA, and should not be construed as such
blacksword

Re: January 11th, Chapeter Meeting, Elections

Postby blacksword » January 12th, 2011, 9:59 am

Even with a nasty snow storm dumping fluff on us, we still had a fairly healthy turnout to last nights meeting.

Your new 2011 MN board members are:

Marty Shue= President
Steve Vigneau= Vice President
Nick Shue= Treasurer
Kristy Heuvers= Secretary
Jon Rose= State Board Rep/ President Pro Tem. (This position was created at the meeting, as a way of helping transition for newly elected presidents- all future presidents will automatically become a President Pro Tem after stepping down as President)

Again, a gigantic THANK YOU too all who attended in the poor weather.
In transition to the northland.
The content of my posts are not the opinions of the MMBA, and should not be construed as such
blacksword

Return to CRAMBA