CRAMBA meeting

For discussing Clinton River Area Mountain Bike Association (formerly Metro North and Holly/Flint chapters) topics.

CRAMBA meeting

Postby Mack » January 4th, 2012, 12:43 pm

I see by looking at the MMBA calendar that there is a CRAMBA meeting Tuesday January 10th
at 7pm. My question is why does this only appear on the calendar and nowhere else? Like the
CRAMBA website, the CRAMBA chapter page on this site or just a post in the General section
in the forums. Not everybody looks at the MMBA calendar.I think alot of people just
go to view unread posts and check out what is new. Then when the last
meeting was posted on the CRAMBA page (by Nick) it was on 10/17/11 at 8:06pm. The meeting was on
10/18/11 at 7pm. Thats not a whole lot of advanced notice if you did not happen to look at the
MMBA calendar. I know this is all done on a volunteer basis and we all have jobs and other
things going on and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. But how are we
(CRAMBA) going to maintain our membership and hopefully grow it, if people do not know about
them. In my opinion this announcement should be posted in all three of the above mentioned areas
weeks in advance so folks can make plans to be there. I know it's redunant, but you are also widening
your scope. Sorry for the rant, but this was stuck in my craw and had to come out. I feel much better now. :D
See you all on Tuesday the 10th at 7pm.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA meeting

Postby dirt » January 4th, 2012, 1:49 pm

The dates for ALL of the 2012 meetings are posted on the calendar page of the CRAMBA website, and also have been published as events on the CRAMBA facebook page.

We make EVERY effort to publish these dates as far out as possible, and the 2012 dates were just set in the last month. We normally post something in the forums the week prior (this week) when the agenda is set, to remind people about the upcoming meeting as a reminder.

Also, the dates for the next mtg are normally published on the agenda/minutes, but the weren't last time, because the 2012 dates weren't set yet.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby inasnit » January 4th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I understand your frustration and I can only hope that things will improve in the future.

However, it should be noted that all of our chapter meetings for 2012 are posted on the CRAMBA.org page, in the calendar section: http://www.cramba.org/calendar/ and on the CRAMBA facebook page in the events section: https://www.facebook.com/events/283350401706341/

With the transition to CRAMBA bringing 6 new, additional chapter board members, meeting with land managers, wrangling volunteer hours for the MMBA FAFL awards, getting the trailer moved for winter storage and an attempt at planning a winter chapter event, I lost track of time and did not get an email out to the membership like I had planned.
~marty
Team Trails-Edge
http://www.trails-edge.com
inasnit

Postby utabintarbo » January 4th, 2012, 2:00 pm

http://www.cramba.org/calendar/

Wait! The Addison race is in November?!? That will screw up my Iceman training! What tires will I use?!?

:lol:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Mack » January 4th, 2012, 2:22 pm

As always you guys/gal are on top of it and doing an awesome job. :icon_thumleft: I must have
missed the calendar section on the CRAMBA site or it's very new as I was just there a couple days ago.
Facebook what is this Facebook you speak of :wink:. Sorry me no Facebook. I will take your word for it.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Di_bear » January 4th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Mack wrote:As always you guys/gal are on top of it and doing an awesome job. :icon_thumleft: I must have
missed the calendar section on the CRAMBA site or it's very new as I was just there a couple days ago.
Facebook what is this Facebook you speak of :wink:. Sorry me no Facebook. I will take your word for it.

Good, cuz I'm not accepting any more applications for my friendship. ;-)
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Postby Mack » January 5th, 2012, 9:44 am

Di_bear wrote:
Mack wrote:As always you guys/gal are on top of it and doing an awesome job. :icon_thumleft: I must have

You are assuming that I would apply for such application, on this thing you call Facebook. My my
Miss Di aren't we full of ourselves. :wink: :lol:
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Di_bear » January 5th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Mack wrote:
Di_bear wrote:

You are assuming that I would apply for such application, on this thing you call Facebook. My my

You would totally send me a friend request. You know you would. ;-)
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

Di_bear

Postby Mack » January 5th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Di_bear wrote:
Mack wrote:
Di_bear wrote:

You would totally send me a friend request. You know you would. ;-)

Hmmmmmmmmmm... let think on this...
Still thinking...
Ya you're right. I would, you're to much of a sweetheart not to. That is If I did this thing you call Facebooking.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Di_bear » January 5th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Aw, shucks. :oops:
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm