Stick in leg at Mayberry ;(

For discussing Clinton River Area Mountain Bike Association (formerly Metro North and Holly/Flint chapters) topics.

Stick in leg at Mayberry ;(

Postby Wolfman » August 3rd, 2012, 10:39 pm

Hello Mayberry riders!
Just wanted to say first of all I hope the man that was injured thurs night is ok! Somehow a 4-6 inch stick found its way into the side of his knee under the skin! It most likely looked worse than it was but regardless I'm sure it was extremely painful! There was many fellow riders along with myself that helped him get in touch with his riding buddies and assisted fire and rescue in getting to him to be treated.
Next I want to say how great of a trail Mayberry is! I'm from battle creek mi (SWMBA) and ride fort Custer 2-3 times a week. Although the fort offers quite a bit more in trails and is a bit faster with some more technical sections, Mayberry has a lot of similarities. Roots, rocks, and sand seem to be a trend in both. With that bieng said I was supervise how well and used the trail was! Props to who ever is taking care if it! Nice job with what land is available for you to work with.
My favorite time to ride is in the fall. Consequently I'll be back in the flat Rock area for 2 weeks in the beginning of november. Any suggestions for more trails and or other good single track would be great!

Thanks, Josh "wolfman"
Wolfman

Re: Stick in leg at Mayberry ;(

Postby jlovett » August 4th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Try Lakeshore Park (AKA Tree Farm), Island Lake and Poto.
"Financing The American Dream, One Yard At A Time"

http://www.jlovett.com
RACING GREYHOUNDS
jlovett

Return to CRAMBA