River Bends Trail Day!

For discussing Clinton River Area Mountain Bike Association (formerly Metro North and Holly/Flint chapters) topics.

River Bends Trail Day!

Postby c0nsumer » June 15th, 2010, 9:12 pm

It's trail day time at River Bends, the newest park in Metro North to have new trails built.

Here's the trail day announcement email sent out just a few minutes ago. Please join us to get the first segment of new trails complete. Without volunteers like you all we wouldn't have the outstanding system of trails that we enjoy!

All,

The Metro North Chapter of the Michigan Mountain Biking Association (MMBA) has been working with Shelby Township to develop trails in River Bends Park and it's now time to get cutting trail!

To get this trail going the Metro North Chapter will be having a trail day on Saturday, June 26th, 2010. In case of overly heavy rain we will postpone until Sunday the 27th. If this happens and we postpone, email will be sent to this list to let everyone know.

This outstanding park is located near 22 Mile and Ryan, already contains a few miles of nice two track, an extensive paved trail system, and will soon be part of the corridor between Stony Creek and Metro Beach Metroparks. It also connects to Woodall Neighborhood Park, home of a skate and bike park, soccer and baseball fields, sledding hills, basketball courts, and a shooting range.

Thanks to the effort of a few members we have the trail route selected and some initial cutting done. On this trail day we hope to complete the first segment of trail and start riding it in.

To help out with the trail day please meet at 8:30am at the Hickory Grove shelter, located to the left once one enters the large parking lot off of 22 Mile. We will have bagels and cream cheese for breakfast along with the normal compliment of supplies and snacks in the trailer, but please bring gloves, long pants, and something to carry water in (CamelBak, water bottle, etc), and and bike to enjoy your hard work once we're done.

Please RSVP with me, Steve Vigneau, the River Bends Trail Coordinator, at c0nsumer@nuxx.net so that I know how many bagels to pick up. Also feel free to contact me any time if there are questions about the trail or this trail day.

More information on River Bends can be found here: http://www.shelbyparksandrecreation.org/RBPInfoMap.html

The MMBA's proposal for trails in River Bends can be found here: http://mmba.org/library/Advocacy/Trails ... oposal.pdf

Thanks everyone, and we look forward to seeing you then and getting yet another quality MMBA trail in place!

-Steve Vigneau
c0nsumer@nuxx.net
River Bends Trail Coordinator
Shelby Township, MI
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Re: River Bends Trail Day!

Postby c0nsumer » June 24th, 2010, 7:21 am

Hey everyone... This is just a reminder about the upcoming trail day at River Bends on Saturday at 8:30am. As you can see above a bit of trail is already cut, but we need help getting the route finished, so please; come on out!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » June 26th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Thanks to everyone who made it out today we have completed the first segment of trail in River Bends. Save for one medium downed tree that'll be removed early this week everything is now open and it's time to start riding in the trail. Enjoy!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby deskinsd87 » July 10th, 2010, 12:57 am

I am curious is this an add on to the hiking/bike trail that was already there or is this a completly different area of the park? I am usually over at the skatepark but I have been known to ride the paved trail and that short hiking trail on my STP.
deskinsd87

Postby c0nsumer » July 10th, 2010, 9:54 am

deskinsd87 wrote:I am curious is this an add on to the hiking/bike trail that was already there or is this a completly different area of the park? I am usually over at the skatepark but I have been known to ride the paved trail and that short hiking trail on my STP.

It starts off of the remains of the old 5K hiking trail. Check the River Bends Trail Conditions forum and River Bends Trail Guide Entry for more info.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Return to CRAMBA