survey for Metro South members

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

survey for Metro South members

Postby froggyrider » September 27th, 2010, 9:08 pm

Please take our survey of chapter membership skills and resources. This is a private survey that only the MMBA Board will have access to, as it is NOT an anonymous survey. However, you will see that it will provide us with a list us contacts within our chapter for many possible resources so we can plan better outreach and trail maintenance in our chapter. See this link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5HBWN8Z

Thanks,
Last edited by froggyrider on October 3rd, 2010, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: survey for Metro South members

Postby froggyrider » October 1st, 2010, 6:09 am

Please fill it in if you haven't yet as we'll be taking it down soon. Thanks!
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby bentmettle » October 1st, 2010, 11:27 am

Goats...I see what you did there...
/\/\att |3ushore
bentmettle

Postby froggyrider » October 19th, 2010, 5:46 am

Thanks to those who replied. We'll be following up soon.
froggyrider

Postby froggyrider » December 19th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Here are some suggestions from the survey. Thanks for everyone's input!

We are looking for ways to maintain and increase membership. We currently send e-mails to members, post on the MMBA web site and Facebook, attend events with the MMBA trailer, place literature at the kiosks and will be placing the brochures into the bike shops. What other ideas do you have that we can use to promote the MMBA in our area to keep current members and draw in new ones?
-
?There are still many more mountain bikers than MMBA members. I'm not sure what is the best way to get to these folks, but I'm sure we'll figure some ways out. I know with another nonprofit I volunteer with, we all have to be ambassadors for the organization, and I try to do that for the MMBA too. It helps to make that personal connection to the MMBA clear to someone. Whenever I talk bikes with some, I try to mention "MMBA" at least once, and encourage joining. Perhaps we can all train each other a bit on this kind of proactive ambassadorship.
-
I think we all know at one guy who is not a member who rides the chapter trail. We should come up with some incentives that get everyone to bring in one new member
-
Contact Churches in MI. and meet with their leadership to provide the health benefits of riding and hanging out with MMBA members.
-
Maps at trail heads (like what they do at Grubers).
Better marked trails for newbies esp. Proud Lake. Descriptive info like SpokeJunkies site on Mohican
-
More local classes on maintaining trails, process to create new ones. I especially would like there to be more classes on mountain biking skills for beginners like me. I want to learn from the people that have been doing this for years.
-
Push membership at local races. I have seen other chapters do this with great success.
-
Fun activities for members. Maybe a chapter campout at the High Country Pathway? Discounts at bike shops?
-
I think increasing the knowledge of Metro Detroit mountain bike trails through the local media would be beneficial. Get them to showcase what we have to offer
-
More group rides at the local trails. Possibly setting up an info. table at REI and having members take a shift a once a year.
-
Brochures at health centers, gyms and clinics. Use MMBA for fundraising for charity events like American Cancer Society's Relay For Life or Live Strong events.
-
?Maybe at events you could have a raffle for a really high-end bike, maybe donated or at a huge discount from Kona or Trek/Gary Fisher, maybe even a bike ridden a few times by one of their star riders like Paul Basagoita or something, and award it at the end of the CPS season -- tickets would be available at the events for $1 each, or 5 for $3, and each new member gets 3 tickets upon joining.
froggyrider

Postby G.Cook » December 20th, 2010, 8:14 am

G.Cook

Return to MCMBA