EXPO Pics, congratulations to our FAFL winner and thanks!

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

EXPO Pics, congratulations to our FAFL winner and thanks!

Postby froggyrider » January 31st, 2010, 8:37 pm

Hi, Folks,

Here are some pics from today's Expo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MMBA.MetroS ... AExpo2010#

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth to talk to us. We met a lot of current members, plus new folks who are interested in riding the tails located in our chapter. We can't wait to see you on rides soon!

Special thanks to Ted and Jeff for hauling the MMBA Metro South Chapter trailer back and forth. The trailer is a big point of pride for our chapter, so it was great to have it there.

Thanks to the 2010 Metro South Chapter Board for 100% Board attendance! Dave Cox, Wendy Cox, Amanda Piling, Dave Thompson and I were all there to proudly represent our chapter and those who voted us into office. And the snacks and cookies were yummy!

I know several of our members were present at the booth to assist with set up, talking to folks, handing out brochures and breaking the booth down at the end of the day. You made the whole day fun and effortless!

Happy Birthday, Steve!

Special congratulations to chapter member Jean Steinberg, who won the MMBA Metro South Chapter volunteer of the Year award. By the way, she also won the Mountain Bike Patrol FAFL award for 2010. Way to represent advocacy for mountain biking, Jean!

Matt Dughi, another volunteer, was a key worker that helped a crew put the pump track in. Kudos, Matt! Thanks to you and the whole crew!

Special thanks to Frank Bean, my husband, for being a mentor to me in my new role as chapter president.

2010 will be a great year for the MMBA! See you on the trails soon!
Last edited by froggyrider on February 1st, 2010, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: EXPO Pics

Postby bigscott4130 » February 1st, 2010, 7:46 pm

Thanks y'all for the warm welcome and at least humoring (if not out right answering) the questions I had about that dual solaom series, makes alot of sense. I'm really looking forward to seeing all y'all at the trails... Oh and just incase anybody else see's this... I saw the "proposed" red run river trail thru southern macomb county/warren... This area is almost literaly right up my ally... and idea/updates on this? And since I got my membership yesterday, what can I do to help?
As long as your on two wheels and smiling, it's all good...
bigscott4130

Re: EXPO Pics

Postby froggyrider » February 1st, 2010, 9:21 pm

Hi, Bigscott- I am sorry I was not at the booth when you stopped by. Did you talk to Metro South or Metro North? Macomb is pretty much North...
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: EXPO Pics, congratulations to our FAFL winner and thanks!

Postby bigscott4130 » February 2nd, 2010, 11:07 am

I had the pleasure of talking to people from just about every chapter, and thats more than fine with me, I already know how I am, I'm gonna be bouncing from chapter to chapter... Member at large (focus on the large, thank goodness there is a clydsdale designation) would probably suit me best... Bikes have been a passion of mine since I was 5 years old... My signature on these boards pretty much sums up my philosophy:) See all y'all at the trails, and with any luck a few comps.
As long as your on two wheels and smiling, it's all good...
bigscott4130

Re: EXPO Pics, congratulations to our FAFL winner and thanks!

Postby froggyrider » February 2nd, 2010, 6:47 pm

Great- well, keep checking the board for updates on trail days, meetings and events, then. We'll see you soon!
froggyrider

Return to MCMBA