Highland Trail Days

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

Re: Highland Trail Days

Postby flamingo » May 11th, 2010, 4:50 pm

It has been over a month since we put the posts for half mile markers on the trail. However the markers are not there yet. Has DNR not approved the marker design yet? Whoever took the effort to put the post in the rocky ground at the new shortcut on the B loop - great job. We gave up on the trail day.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby BSPLEET » May 12th, 2010, 1:09 pm

I ordered the mile markers today and some additional trail signs, they should all be up in about two weeks. It took a little exploration but we finally found a spot for the b-loop cut off sign post. For you folks that have trouble reading maps or don't take the time to do so there will also be arrows at all intersections as well.

Bob Spleet
Highland rec. trail coordinator
BSPLEET

Postby c0nsumer » May 12th, 2010, 1:54 pm

BSPLEET wrote:I ordered the mile markers today and some additional trail signs, they should all be up in about two weeks. It took a little exploration but we finally found a spot for the b-loop cut off sign post. For you folks that have trouble reading maps or don't take the time to do so there will also be arrows at all intersections as well.

Bob Spleet
Highland rec. trail coordinator

What brand signs / markers are you using?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby BSPLEET » May 12th, 2010, 2:54 pm

We will be using the Rockart signs, a brown plastic backing for the wood post and a brown backing with white reflective letters and numbers on the decale for information. Trying to keeep these signs as unobtrusive as possible.

Bob Spleet
Highland Rec. Trail Coordinator
BSPLEET

Previous

Return to MCMBA