for those who ride the 275 path

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

for those who ride the 275 path

Postby froggyrider » March 29th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Hello,

A few of us went to the 275 informational meeting a few weeks ago in Canton. FYI for those of you who ride it to get from trail to trail, the area between Michigan Avenue and Ford Road will be under construction and may be inaccessible this season.

There is another informational meeting tomorrow:

"Plymouth Township Hall, Town Hall Room
9955 N. Haggerty Rd
Plymouth, MI

MDOT and project team staff will host an open house to provide an overview of the project scope and boundaries of this approximately 7-mile section of the I-275 Metro Trail. This section is planned for reconstruction beginning this spring. There will be an opportunity to provide written feedback and input on various elements of the project including trail signs and bridge aesthetics.

For more information, contact:
Gorette Yung at 313-375-2400, yungg@michigan.gov
Leah Groya at 313-961-3650, lgroya@wadetrim.com
Jayson Nault at 810-220-2112, jayson.nault@tetratech.com

A third and final public open house regarding this section of the trail will be scheduled for April."
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: for those who ride the 275 path

Postby Loren » March 29th, 2010, 9:20 pm

And on a related note, the city of Novi and the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) are conducting a survey regarding a I-96 Corridor Study. The area encompassed by this study includes the northern terminus of the I275 bike path. In addition to motorized transportation, this survey includes a number of questions related to biking and pedestrian access issues that are near and dear to most of us.

http://www.novitipstudy.com/index.html

(This link discusses a meeting last week, but the survey is still open.)
Loren

Postby rockofgibraltar » April 1st, 2010, 12:49 pm

Has there been any talk of working on the path south of Michigan Ave. and into Monroe County?

There's a good 15-20 miles that's in desperate need of repair
rockofgibraltar

Postby froggyrider » April 2nd, 2010, 8:12 am

Yes, they mentioned how next year and in coming years they will focus on that area. The Metro Parks were interested in coordinating as well.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby froggyrider » April 26th, 2010, 5:41 pm

from their facebook page today:

"Barricades are now up south of Hines Dr to Michigan Ave. Work is about to begin so please, for your own safety, do not use this section of the trail. Follow the detour signs. Just keep thinking about how great it will be when it is all done!"
froggyrider

Return to MCMBA