Metro South at the Island Lake Demo Day Sat., 5/8 9 am - 5pm

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

Metro South at the Island Lake Demo Day Sat., 5/8 9 am - 5pm

Postby froggyrider » May 2nd, 2010, 11:58 am

Hello, Metro South Mountain Bikers,

RE: Island Lake Demo Day Sat., 5/8 9am-5pm

From MMBA.ORG: "Spring is just around the corner, and that can only mean one thing. It is time to get ready for the Island Lake Spring Bike Demo. Confirmed demo rigs by all of the usual suspects like Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Giant and new for this year Felt. Also all of Michigan's best bike retailers will be in attendance, plus a couple new entries from other outdoor sports. So you can find the bike and gear you want and find the best shop for you to buy it from. Test night lights as well.

Registration is open now, so make sure to sign up to avoid the lines and eliminate any delay to demoing the bikes. See mmba.org for more details at

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95333.

Several MMBA Chapters will be serving food for a donation to the statewide MMBA. Metro South will have sausages and veggie dogs. Others will have burgers and baked goods. This is a great way to met and greet our volunteers from all over the state. So, stop by and say hello! Membership renewals and merchandise will be available as well.

NOTE: The Demo Day itself is NOT an official MMBA Metro South event.
Last edited by froggyrider on May 8th, 2010, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: Metro South at the Island Lake Demo Day Sat., 5/8 9 am -

Postby froggyrider » May 8th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Thanks everyone who came out. We sold a lot of weiners for MMBA as donations and were able to hang with our friends from Metro North and more.

Pics here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MMBA.MetroS ... RADemoDay#

Special thanks to Jeff who hauled the trailer!
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Return to MCMBA