Maybury CPS Time Trial 8/21/10

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

Maybury CPS Time Trial 8/21/10

Postby froggyrider » June 23rd, 2010, 11:32 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98184

Race, volunteer, or both! Hope to see you there!
Last edited by froggyrider on August 22nd, 2010, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: Maybury CPS Time Trial 8/21/10

Postby froggyrider » August 11th, 2010, 8:11 pm

We will be grilling burgers, dogs and veggie sausages for a donation as well.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: Maybury CPS Time Trial 8/21/10

Postby froggyrider » August 22nd, 2010, 9:54 pm

Here are the pics on the MMBA Metro South picture gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MMBA.MetroS ... tRace2010#

I tried to capture everyone who helped, but for all those who volunteered that you see in these pics, there are many more behind the scenes I could not capture.

Thanks to Mike Flack who has made this race a staple in the MMBA CPS series over the past five years. The revenue from the races over the years has allowed the chapter to have a set of tools and resources that help us maintain the nine trails in our chapter and do advocacy and outreach. Mike, you are a role model for the future TC's and CPS reps in our chapter. As you know, it takes a ton of time, work and planning to put on a chapter benefit as it is all volunteer driven. We appreciate all that you have done over the years to make the chapter what it is today.

Please notice in the pictures how this race had volunteers from all over the MMBA- Poto and Metro North chapter members, for example, side by side with Metro South members. Plus, many volunteers are mountain bikers who are not MMBA members, yet they gave of their time to help their friends make this day great because their love and passion for the sport is just as strong. You'll see all ages in the pictures as well, showing how we promote fun racing for everyone! We even had Senator Glenn Anderson visit the race and chat with John Gonway, the MMBA Advocacy Director. Thanks to John and the MMBA lobbyists for bringing him out.

You will also see from the pictures that variety of race teams represented at the race. How fun is it that so many teams were well represented!

Good luck to those who are doing the whole CPS series, by the way.

If anyone is interested in helping with the chapter benefit race in 2011, please let me know. We want to be able to set up a robust committee way ahead of time so we can continue the great tradition at Maybury. Working with Race Services makes it easier as they are so professional and efficient that the racers and race planners love to work with them.

We will post the amount that that chapter made in the September Chapter meeting minutes. The meeting is held Monday, 9/13 at 7 pm (location TBA). We'll post them on the Metro South web site library as well as under the Metro South forum here on the MMBA site. We have been able to build bridges and kiosks with the funds raised from last year's race, plus get more tools for the chapter and host membership and outreach events in the community with Metro South brochures. Future plans include, among other items, a kiosk at Milford, signage at Hickory Glen/Commerce and a bench at the Highland Rec area to remember Carlos, former Trail Coordinator, who passed away a few years ago. Please let us know if you have ideas for hour your chapter dollars should be spent on your trails.

Thanks again for your participation in the 2010 Maybury Chapter Benefit for Metro South.
froggyrider

Return to MCMBA