Meet the Trail Coordinators; looking for some assistant TC's

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

Meet the Trail Coordinators; looking for some assistant TC's

Postby froggyrider » July 1st, 2010, 9:38 pm

Hello, Metro South Mountain Bikers,

Below is a link to a preview of what we have submitted for the next Bent Rim Bugle. We are sending it ahead of time as we are still looking for willing volunteers to help in an Assistant Trail Coordinator capacity at some of our nine trails.

We currently have the following open Asst. TC positions: Hickory Glen(Commerce), Maybury (***plus we will need a TC in training now to take over in 2011***), and Milford/Kensington Connector. Please e-mail metrosouthAT mmba.org for more information if you are interested in becoming an assistant trail coordinator or would like to chat with the current TC to find out more about what is involved.

Remember- helping in a TC role does NOT mean you do all the work! You coordinate with the TC to plan trail days, post trail conditions on the MMBA forum and post when you need volunteers to go out and lop, trim, etc..., plus you can learn how to work with the land managers.

FYI- John Cox just joined on as Asst. TC at Proud Lake, but at the time this article was submitted, we didn't have his profile yet. We'll update it later this year when we hope to be able to add a few folks' profiles!

Here is the link:

http://metrosouth.mmba.org/wp-content/u ... he_TCs.pdf

Thanks,
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: Meet the Trail Coordinators; looking for some assistant

Postby froggyrider » July 8th, 2010, 9:07 am

Hello,

Thanks for the replies about helping as asst. TC at Maybury; we'll post soon about those who offered to help out (I am on vacation this week and my e-mail is spotty). We still need some asst. TC help at Hickory Glen(Commerce) and Milford/Kensington Connector if you are looking to help.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Return to MCMBA