Tour of Rouge Trail and BBQ Thursday, 8/12 11 am-2 pm

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association (formerly Metro South chapter) topics.

Tour of Rouge Trail and BBQ Thursday, 8/12 11 am-2 pm

Postby froggyrider » August 8th, 2010, 10:49 am

Come eat grilled burgers/sausages and Ride the Rouge!!! Meet at Joy and Spinoza(at the shelter with picnic tables). Bring your bike to get a tour of the trail!

FYI for those who want to learn more about the group that is helping with the Rouge Park new trail that we flagged this spring, the SCA. They have made great strides. We'll be having a BBQ and tour of the trail on their last day to celebrate their hard work, August 12th from 11 am to 2 pm.

http://diggingdetroit.wordpress.com/

Last year we started a partnership with the SCA - Student Conservation Association, which is hosted by The Greening of Detroit. The SCA trains student conservation leaders, and the leaders train student crews who do summer work. Last the SCA did some amazing work on the trail, making major improvements, resolving some drainage problems, and cutting a few needed re-routes. This year they are cutting brand new trail based on some flagging the MMBA did in the spring on the east side of the river so that when done, we will finally have about a 3-mile loop between Joy and Tireman, with more to come. It's been a great partnership.

We may have bikes for the workers to ride as well.

See you there!
Last edited by froggyrider on August 13th, 2010, 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: Tour of Rouge Trail and BBQ Thursday, 8/12 11 m-2 pm

Postby froggyrider » August 12th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Specific thanks tonight with pics!
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Re: Tour of Rouge Trail and BBQ Thursday, 8/12 11 m-2 pm

Postby froggyrider » August 13th, 2010, 12:05 am

Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MMBA.MetroS ... tionLunch#

Thanks to Scott for grilling, Otto and Tony for giving tours of the trail, Evan, AJ and the others from the SCA for helping the Rouge project, Chris for working with these community groups to set this up, and Loren, Don and Joe for coming out to show support. Thanks to The Hub for letting us use some bikes and helmets for the day. Thanks to Kris for stopping by as well!
froggyrider

Return to MCMBA