Trails around Holton/ N.W. Muskeegun

For discussing West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance topics.

Trails around Holton/ N.W. Muskeegun

Postby sndmn2 » June 1st, 2012, 9:15 am

I"ll be in Holton this weekend. I"m not familiar with the area. Can someone recommend a trail nearby. ? Thanks
sndmn2

Re: Trails around Holton/ N.W. Muskeegun

Postby hayscw » June 1st, 2012, 12:09 pm

hayscw

Postby sndmn2 » June 1st, 2012, 2:04 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the link. :-D :-D
Rick
sndmn2

Postby yahtzee_99 » June 1st, 2012, 2:53 pm

Yeah Owasippie is a nice ride. You need to buy a vehicle pass online (www.ooec.org) it's $10 per day or $60 for the year. I would recommend printing out a map from the web-page and bring with you (if you keep seeing Red markers in trees you are good).

From the parking lot head towards the building that says "Public Restroom", continue pass it and you will be riding on what was old baseball fields and you should see the trail marker straight ahead of you. About 100 ft in, you come to a 2-track turn left and take this about a 1/4 mile down a hill and you will come up on single track on the right and then your off.
yahtzee_99

Postby sndmn2 » June 3rd, 2012, 8:04 pm

I made it over there Sat. evening. I couldn't seem to locate the trail but a worker pointed me in the right direction. I came across another rider who invited me along to join him for a loop. All was good until my rear dereihler cable broke. There were some elevation changes that I just couldn't make with just one gear and had to walk up. Anyways , the rider I was with was kind enough to wait but I know I was holding him up. He pointed out a shorter route back and that sounded good to me. I thanked him for the ride and if I get to that side of the state again I'll head on over. The part I did ride was nice.
sndmn2

Return to WMMBA