Easy Trails near Muskegon

For discussing West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance topics.

Easy Trails near Muskegon

Postby mille1sj » August 9th, 2012, 10:20 am

Hello Everyone,

First time on the site, and have already found a lot of great information. I live in Southeast MI, Waterford to be exact. I generally ride Pontiac Lake or Highland Lake around here. I am taking my wife to Muskegon for the weekend of August 18th and was wondering if you could give me a few reccomendations for easy trails near Muskegon. My wife does not reide very offten on dirt trails but she is extremely fit. Where would be the best place to take her in the muskegon area that would not be too difficult, but a good experience.

Thanks for the help,

Steve
mille1sj

Re: Easy Trails near Muskegon

Postby cramer » August 9th, 2012, 11:34 am

mille1sj wrote:Hello Everyone,

First time on the site, and have already found a lot of great information. I live in Southeast MI, Waterford to be exact. I generally ride Pontiac Lake or Highland Lake around here. I am taking my wife to Muskegon for the weekend of August 18th and was wondering if you could give me a few reccomendations for easy trails near Muskegon. My wife does not reide very offten on dirt trails but she is extremely fit. Where would be the best place to take her in the muskegon area that would not be too difficult, but a good experience.

Thanks for the help,

Steve

NCT near White Cloud or Bass River. NCT has more hills but nothing crazy, Bass is real twisty and flat.
cramer

Postby mille1sj » August 9th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Would Owasippe be too difficult for my wife if we stuck to the 4 or 8 mile loop? I saw their website and it looks like they open again on the 18th
mille1sj

Postby cramer » August 10th, 2012, 11:42 am

I don't think it's all that technically challenging but it is strenuous for sure as it's quite hilly.
cramer

Postby mille1sj » August 10th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Thanks for the input, I'm not too concerned with the hills or the strain, I was more concerned with it being too technical.

I appreciate the help
mille1sj

Postby Owasippe Chief » August 15th, 2012, 11:47 am

The 8 mile trail is doable, just walk the bridges or anything that she might be uncomfortable riding. You will love Owasippe & the scenery. (Of course I am biased!)
Owasippe Chief

Postby rideondirt » August 27th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Did you make it out to Owasippe? How'd it go?
rideondirt

Postby b_b » September 8th, 2012, 7:40 pm

rideondirt wrote:Did you make it out to Owasippe? How'd it go?

I rode it a couple weeks ago. Trail is narrow and forest is not really thick so good flow and some nice downhills and some sand to make it interesting, but not too bad. I liked the "advanced" section part that railed around a ravine at speed was pretty cool (go left when the trail forks). I usually ride Maybury, plra, Brighton, Highland, ilra.
b_b

Return to WMMBA