Adopting Heritage Park???

For discussing Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association topics.

Adopting Heritage Park???

Postby Kona riding fool » February 8th, 2016, 2:29 pm

What is the criteria for adopting trails into our chapter? I would like to add Heritage park in Adrian. Is that too far away? They were supposed to be Mid-Michigan chapter but get 0 recognition on their page. This is one of the best signed trails I have ever ridden!!

Kevin LaRoe
Kevin LaRoe

If I am not talking about how cool fat bikes are or how they save the trails, check my pulse!
Kona riding fool

Re: Adopting Heritage Park???

Postby b_b » February 8th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Looks closer to Poto than Mid Michigan!
b_b

Postby jmf003 » February 8th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Seems like a good geographic fit, Kevin.
jmf003

Postby tmb » February 8th, 2016, 9:18 pm

First let me say, that as part of the 5 person crew that maintains Heritage, thanks for the positive review Kevin! The signage project was a HUGE undertaking that we are very proud of. It wouldn't have been possible without the local YMCA and United Way doing their part.

Second, we would like to have an offline chat about the details involving being brought into the Poto chapter before this goes any further. We have been on our own for several years now and have fostered a positive, personal relationship with not only the park employees but with city officials.

We are very protective and possessive of our little park. The man hours needed to get(and maintain) this trail system to it's current state is something the average trail user would not be willing to commit to, so it's future is something we take very seriously.

We are thrilled that our hard work is being recognized and appreciate the Poto chapter's interest in us, and we look forward to exploring this possibility to see if it would be a good fit for all parties.

Any questions or comments(or for a guided tour!), feel free to contact me.

T
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Return to PotoMBA