Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Announcements for group rides

Postby Briana » June 7th, 2004, 9:53 pm

Ok, next issue, I'll be trying to find a place around there to crash so I don't have to drive 2 and a half hours back, any suggestions??
Briana

Postby MountainMike » June 7th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Briana wrote:Hey all! Thinking of driving down your way to ride Stoney on Wednesday!

After all, gas is finally down to a cheap rate (1.98) NOT!!!!

You will be riding this Wed, right?

It would be cool to have you on the ride! This is my favorite group ride this season and on a fun trail. Hope to see you out there.
~Mike

Every reality was once a possibility
MountainMike

Postby Schwinn_Fanatic » June 7th, 2004, 10:55 pm

Briana wrote:Ok, next issue, I'll be trying to find a place around there to crash so I don't have to drive 2 and a half hours back, any suggestions??

There are quite a number of park benches at Stony. Bring a blanket.
It might even help you prepare for your mission. :)
I only exist for your entertainment
...manage public interaction with natural resources based on science and not based on the radical agendas of politically savvy, sociopathic niche special interest groups. -JAJones
Schwinn_Fanatic

Postby Briana » June 8th, 2004, 3:12 pm

looks like it will have to be next Wed... need to find a good sleeping bag for the benches! :wink:
Briana

Postby hippymtnbkr » June 9th, 2004, 6:41 am

Do you still need lights for this ride. Today I get this unna boot off for good,so I'm thinking of joining you all next week :D
hippymtnbkr

Postby dirt » June 9th, 2004, 7:47 am

hippymtnbkr wrote:Do you still need lights for this ride. Today I get this unna boot off for good,so I'm thinking of joining you all next week :D

Not unless you plan on riding LATE. The main group rides (usually) from about 6:45 to 8:00-8:15.. It's been staying light till close to 9PM, so we should be more then safe.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby MountainMike » June 9th, 2004, 9:09 am

I'm planning on going. Who else is going to make it tonight??
~Mike

Every reality was once a possibility
MountainMike

Postby dirty bird » June 9th, 2004, 9:14 am

I will be there as well. You say everyone usually starts riding around 630? All riding levels are there, right? Im bringing a girlfriend who has only ridden twice(but made it all the way through NOVI w/out stopping) . mike
dirty bird

Postby Rider » June 9th, 2004, 9:16 am

dirty bird wrote:All riding levels are there, right? Im bringing a girlfriend who has only ridden twice(but made it all the way through NOVI w/out stopping) .

no one gets dropped on the wednesday night ride. all skill levels are welcome :D

rider

Rider

Postby dirt » June 9th, 2004, 9:26 am

I plan on being there, but it'll probably be a easy ride for me. Still recovering from the *beep* ride that Mike and I did last night... :roll:
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby dirty bird » June 9th, 2004, 9:27 am

Rider wrote:
dirty bird wrote:All riding levels are there, right? Im bringing a girlfriend who has only ridden twice(but made it all the way through NOVI w/out stopping) .
no one gets dropped on the wednesday night ride. all skill levels are welcome :D
Rider, good, because as anyone who has participated in my rides will tell you Im the same way. I think its important for everyone to get a chance to have some fun and improve thier riding skills from watching others... Ill see you there; MIKE 8)
dirty bird

Wednesday Night Stoney Ride

Postby UnRacer-X » June 9th, 2004, 11:55 am

I do ok going through the "Pines" and "Roller Coaster" sections of Stoney.What I have a problem with is climbing. When I start getting to the top of Mt. Sheldon I am getting big time out of breath,plus that off camber 180 steep turn near doesnt help : :oops:
UnRacer-X

Re: Wednesday Night Stoney Ride

Postby Rider » June 9th, 2004, 12:22 pm

bamtbikr wrote:What I have a problem with is climbing. When I start getting to the top of Mt. Sheldon I am getting big time out of breath,plus that off camber 180 steep turn near doesnt help : :oops:

don't sweat it, just have fun :D climbing is something that can be worked on in time. besides... that 180* turn near the top of mt sheldon gets a lot of people, lol. i've seen some great bikers who climb like mtn goats dab and fall on that thing ;)

rider

Rider

Postby Schwinn_Fanatic » June 9th, 2004, 12:38 pm

I might make it out tonight but I'll have to be early.
I need to be home by 8:00 which means I pretty much need to be back in my car by 7:00. :(

So, I might bump into some of you there.
will anybody be there for a 6:00 to 7:00 loop?
I only exist for your entertainment
...manage public interaction with natural resources based on science and not based on the radical agendas of politically savvy, sociopathic niche special interest groups. -JAJones
Schwinn_Fanatic

Postby Rider » June 9th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Schwinn_Fanatic wrote:
So, I might bump into some of you there.
will anybody be there for a 6:00 to 7:00 loop?

i don't know... there are some crazy storms just north of pontiac/auburn hills right now! lots of lightning and dark skies... this sucks :evil:

rider

Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Announcements